No announcement yet.

Upper weight limit on UFC fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper weight limit on UFC fighters?

I was listening to Jim Rome yesterday and he was talking to an MMA guy, and made mention that there is a maximum weight limit of 265 for competitors in the UFC. Is this true?

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
    I was listening to Jim Rome yesterday and he was talking to an MMA guy, and made mention that there is a maximum weight limit of 265 for competitors in the UFC. Is this true?
    Yes, it's true. I know Brock Lesnar has to cut some weight to make the 265 limit. I think he walks around at like 280 normally.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      Yes, it's true. I know Brock Lesnar has to cut some weight to make the 265 limit. I think he walks around at like 280 normally.
      Thats why I asked, I always assumed Lesnar weighed more than the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
        Thats why I asked, I always assumed Lesnar weighed more than the limit.
        Yeah man, from what I've read, he works pretty hard to cut that weight. Part of the reason why he's such a beast in the octagon. Like the guy or not, he seems to be taking this very seriously and is a true athlete.

Comment

Yeah...It's true...

Comment

Yeah man, from what I've read, he works pretty hard to cut that weight. Part of the reason why he's such a beast in the octagon. Like the guy or not, he seems to be taking this very seriously and is a true athlete.
            More like a true experiment on anabolic steroids and HGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
              More like a true experiment on anabolic steroids and HGH.
              He must get tested a lot though. I doubt he's taking anything now.

Comment

He must get tested a lot though. I doubt he's taking anything now.
                There's no reliable tests for HGH (which he's been caught with in the past).

Also he's currently off till May so he'd have time to cycle the **** out. In any case, the UFC is definitely not gonna go out of their way to discredit their major cash cow so it would be up to the comissions to bust him.

Comment

well it would be unfair to be knocked out with a guy 50lbs heavier than you..

Comment

Working...
                  X