No announcement yet.

Whos the best rapper EVER?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nas Is A Chump View Post
    from that list its jay-z easily. Hes the only rapper that people still listen to. All those other rappers should be deleted from raps history. Especially shnazzir.

Gnause lost.

Comment

1 krs one "the teacher"
      2 nas
      3 rakim

to me one of the main factors in picking the greatest mc is longevity,

rakim was unbelivable with his lyrics and its hard for me not to pick him but after his couple albums with eric b he made two solo albums that were good but he faded after that and didnt stand the test of time.

nas since he came out dropped great albums and is still active after 14 years. so he has stood the test of time. some people say he's not consistent enough but the lyrics are on point always.

krs one definitley stood the test of time the most as the teacher till this day you hear him spit freestyles and make albums occasionally. the reason he still can make albums today and spit freestyles at any given time is because he's what you call a true mc. he's dropped some great albums aswell and you can put him with any legendary producer primo, marly marl, pete rock, large pro, etc.. and they would make a good album guaranteed. (for example "hip hop is alive" produced by marly marl.

anyway my point is krs one is the greatest, he does it all teach, battle rap, drops good albums, spits off the top of the dome better than rakim and nas, etc.. nas is second only because he has lasted longer than rakim even though he was inspired by both krs and rakim but he has done enough to cement his legacy in hip hop. rakim is the god but the only thing that bothers me is that he didnt last as long as nas or krs for whatever reason. i have paid in full(greatest album all time), follow the leader, etc and what rakim has done is amazing but i wish he would've kept dropping albums after the 18th letter and the master
      Last edited by el malo; 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I would a put some much money on Rakim winning this poll. I wonder how many people have got any of his albums? I've got Erik B and Rakim 'Paid in Full' and that's it. And yeah, it's fire. It really is. And he's got sick lyrics and was a pioneer. But people talk about Rakim cos it means you know hip hop a bit and you think it makes you cool. Biggie is the GOAT no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I think the problem though with Hip Hop is that there's no respect for the the artists, producers, etc who paved the way. It's like any kid can pick up a mic and rap about bull****, and not even know about the Rakims, Kanes, Kool G raps, Melle Mel, etc, but will go out of their way to tell the "Old guys to take a seat"

But only in Hip Hop will this happen. How many R&B artists tell Stevie Wonder to "Sit down old man...its our turn"

Rakim's rhymes should be studied in College like Pac's are at USC Berkley
          excellent point.
          the best i have heard on this topic in a long time.

Comment

I hate it when young dudes diss the legends. show some respect.

I think respect is a big problem in this world period, alot of people are disrespectful for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
              1 krs one "the teacher"
              2 nas
              3 rakim

to me one of the main factors in picking the greatest mc is longevity,

rakim was unbelivable with his lyrics and its hard for me not to pick him but after his couple albums with eric b he made two solo albums that were good but he faded after that and didnt stand the test of time.

nas since he came out dropped great albums and is still active after 14 years. so he has stood the test of time. some people say he's not consistent enough but the lyrics are on point always.

krs one definitley stood the test of time the most as the teacher till this day you hear him spit freestyles and make albums occasionally. the reason he still can make albums today and spit freestyles at any given time is because he's what you call a true mc. he's dropped some great albums aswell and you can put him with any legendary producer primo, marly marl, pete rock, large pro, etc.. and they would make a good album guaranteed. (for example "hip hop is alive" produced by marly marl.

anyway my point is krs one is the greatest, he does it all teach, battle rap, drops good albums, spits off the top of the dome better than rakim and nas, etc.. nas is second only because he has lasted longer than rakim even though he was inspired by both krs and rakim but he has done enough to cement his legacy in hip hop. rakim is the god but the only thing that bothers me is that he didnt last as long as nas or krs for whatever reason. i have paid in full(greatest album all time), follow the leader, etc and what rakim has done is amazing but i wish he would've kept dropping albums after the 18th letter and the master
              I gotta agree with what you said about krs even though i dont consider him to be the greatest, thats a very strong argument. Hes kind of like all the greatest rappers rolled into one. Hes got swag, he can battle, he can educate, he can do any kind of concept song, and his music has withstood the test of time. The way I see it, the top 4 is really a toss up between krs one, rakim, 2pac, and nas. I respect all of them as very deserving goat candidates.

Comment

You know what? sometimes I want to say Nas is the greatest of all time...but pac had a stronger flow with political lyrics. plus he did great commercially too, I want to say Nas, I really do...but I don't know if I can...but I really want to.lol

Comment

Lyrically, i dont think Pac is close to nas but pac made a huge impact on rap. His music effected so many people. Krs one also had that effect, but not to the same extent. The way he put this song together is incredible

Comment

^Yeah but if your just going by lyrics, Canibus is probably top 10. And also it depends what Pac your talking about, his earlier stuff was more lyrical if I remember correctly. I don't think as lyrical as Nas though. But with Pac it was the way he said things, like on Dear Mama, "Theres no wayyy I can pay you back, but the plan is to show you that I undestand!" you could feel exactly what he was saying...

but you already know this...lol when discussing this stuff its hard not to repeat things

Comment

I realize KRS One is a legend
                      I realize KRS One is one of the greatest rappers of all time
                      I respect KRS One

with that being said, I've never enjoyed his music everytime I've listened. Atleast for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                      X