Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC has proven he can beat up a 165lber. Do Y'all still think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    De La Joto gave the impression that he had a close fight with Wife Beater, due to mostly Wife Beater's low punch output and Wife Beater is a slow starter.

De La Joto couldn't pull the trigger at 154lbs. Like I said before, being "weight drained" was just icing on the cake. Perhaps, at 154lbs. he would've absorbed the punches better, but that does not have anything to do with being unable to pull the gun out of the holster in an instant.

And PAC took it and "kindly" returned 10. I don't think the De La Joto that fought Wife Beater could deal with that kind of return fire for 36 minutes of world-class boxing.
    Like I said, I disagree about weight affecting performance, so no need to go back and forth on that.

As far as Manny "kindly returning 10", I disagree with that too, since DLH has much better defense than Marg, (which I've also stated already).

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
      Like I said, I disagree about weight affecting performance, so no need to go back and forth on that.

As far as Manny "kindly returning 10", I disagree with that too, since DLH has much better defense than Marg, (which I've also stated already).
      De La Joto's defense showed up for about 4 rounds against Wife Beater. Again, it had to do more with Wife Beater's low-punch output, rather than what De La Joto was doin'.

Considering that Wife Beater picked him off at will. What do you think an awkward southpaw with a ton of speed will do to that 154lber's defense, lmao.

You're completely disregarding the difficulty a young De La Joto has had with southpaws, and now you're talkin' about a past prime De La Joto beating a southpaw at the top of his sport. Get off this boxing site, please

Oh, and we're talkin' about the same De La Joto who wanted no part of 'Rita or Cotto and instead picked a fight with a 135lber, lmao.
      Last edited by Monte Fisto; 11-20-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
        De La Joto's defense showed up for about 4 rounds against Wife Beater. Again, it had to do more with Wife Beater's low-punch output, rather than what De La Joto was doin'.

Oh, and we're talkin' about the same De La Joto who wanted no part of 'Rita or Cotto and instead picked a fight with a 135lber, lmao.
        I was talking about the same DLH too. Notice I didn't say DLH would easily win, just that it was possible, considering having all the advantages DLH had against May.

Pac had a great performance against Margarito, but that was also because Marg has no head movement or footwork. I still give Pac credit for beating a much bigger man, but I don't think Pac would have landed that easily against DLH at 154. Again, since I think DLH could have performed better had he not been drained.

In any case I can see you can't be objective, since you can't stop saying "joto" and "wifebeater" to refer to DLH and May. You're just here to bash DLH and Mayweather, so there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Comment

I was talking about the same DLH too. Notice I didn't say DLH would easily win, just that it was possible, considering having all the advantages DLH had against May.
          De La Joto didn't really have no serious advantage against Wife Beater. The Best De La Joto was able to do against The Wife Beater was throw off his timing with his jab for a few rounds.

Then again, Wife Beater gives away the early rounds to pick and prod for what he's really about to do later in the fight.

You see, the moment Wife Beater figured him out. De La Joto was out of the fight huffin' and puffin' from the 4th to 5th round onwards.

What do you think an awkward guy with PAC who moves at a dizzying pace and angles do to the slow starter De La Joto.

You also have to keep in mind. That, De La Joto is not used to cutting off the ring. In his career he has been often the one being hunted, and add to that, PAC's weird southpaw angles done at a frenetic pace, it's ova fo ya boy.

Pac had a great performance against Margarito, but that was also because Marg has no head movement or footwork. I still give Pac credit for beating a much bigger man, but I don't think Pac would have landed that easily against DLH at 154. Again, since I think DLH could have performed better had he not been drained.
          I agree, De La Joto could've possibly beaten PAC( puncher's chance that is). But, it's more likely that PAC would've handed him his @ss at 154lbs.

And if you notice. The way De La Joto throws his left hook, he dips then pops up, just like Flattened and Cotto's. PAC would've been money with his own right hook counter as soon as he sees De La Joto dip to get that leverage.
          Last edited by Monte Fisto; 11-20-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X