No announcement yet.

Exciting Fighters The Best Kind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting Fighters The Best Kind

Please name fighters who are famous for being the kind of non-stop Thrill a minute fighters through the eras from the entire gloved era (i.e. still in it)
    Any fighters named here that get too many negative reviews will be deleted eventually. Don't just name a fighter, tell us what made him exciting, its a fact that the crowd pleasers have reputations that long outlive those who for whatever reason did not thrill crowds constantly. Names Like Battling Nelson and Ad Wolgast are famous for this especially from their classic fight. I have named two atm and I will name more if I feel you blokes have overlooked someone too obvious to be ignored... they must have been famous though.... NOTE : Resume means NOTHING in this thread.... Graziano's resume never meant a single ZACK to the paying crowds... I await you guys and your famous knowledge and great wit.

Can't bring up Graziano's name without Zale's.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Can't bring up Graziano's name without Zale's.
      I know that, LOL. but waiting for you to tell me about Zale.. lol, 1 point for the name alone.. just 99 to go XD : )

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        ...Don't just name a fighter, tell us what made him exciting, its a fact that the crowd pleasers have reputations that long outlive those who for whatever reason did not thrill crowds constantly...
        I will limit myself to naming the fighters for two reasons: a) I'm not interested in writing an essay and b) I'd be preachin' to the choir. Further, I have no intention of ranking these fighters, I use the numbers solely as a tool to automatically notify me when I've reached my limit of ten.
        1. Arturo Gatti
        2. Julio Cesar Chavez
        3. Aaron Pryor
        4. Mike Tyson
        5. Roberto Duran
        6. Jake LaMotta
        7. Muhammad Ali
        8. Jack Dempsey
        9. Tommy Hearns
        10. George Foreman
        Last edited by Panamaniac; 03-31-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
          I will limit myself to naming the fighters for two reasons: a) I'm not interested in writing an essay and b) I'd be preachin' to the choir. Further, I have no intention of ranking these fighters, I use the numbers solely as a tool to automatically notify me when I've reached my limit of ten.
          1. Arturo Gatti
          2. Julio Cesar Chavez
          3. Aaron Pryor
          4. Mike Tyson
          5. Roberto Duran
          6. Jake LaMotta
          7. Muhammad Ali
          8. Jack Dempsey
          9. Tommy Hearns
          10. George Foreman
          No essay needed mate and thanks for those names, hopefully we will get some more old timers in the list as that was when most of the really exciting fighters were. I will say this guys I am naming the most obvious guy of them all so no one else has to waste space on the bleedin obvious.... Sugar Ray Robinson was VERY VERY exciting... There I risked my reputation.

Comment

The most exciting fighters i ever saw were a young Iron Mike Tyson for the sheer brutality he imposed on an entire division and u just knew u couldnt blink as he could end it at any second!

Arturo Gatti - this guys fights were like Rocky movies Unbelievable drama! Blood and guts to the end

Brandon Rios. Say what u will about the man or his skill set but the dude can RUMBLE! Never with the possible exception of Chico Corrales have i seen a guy who just loves to be involved in a FIGHT as much as Bam Bam! see Antillion, Ortega, Alvarado 1&2, Murray....

Tommy Hearns, a GREAT fighter and highly skilled but with the type of fight ending power rarely seen - SO explosive..... Not unhurtable himself either or afraid of a tear up as seen in the Hagler fight for one example!

Felix Trinidad, much like Tommy he could end fights with a single blow but had an air of vulnerability himself that only added to his excitement value, dude was up and down like a Yo Yo in his prime but kept on winning!

Evander Holyfield. This guy took it to the big men of the last 20 odd years engaging in some serious gfive and take tear ups along the way with the likes of Cooper, Dokes, Bowe x3, Tysonx2... all this after warring with the likes of Qawi at Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              No essay needed mate and thanks for those names, hopefully we will get some more old timers in the list as that was when most of the really exciting fighters were. I will say this guys I am naming the most obvious guy of them all so no one else has to waste space on the bleedin obvious.... Sugar Ray Robinson was VERY VERY exciting... There I risked my reputation.
              To be perfectly honest with you, I wrestled with Robinson and Foreman for my 10th. pick. I wound up with Foreman because - unlike you - I lean toward the modern fighter. Besides, I have a soft spot in my heart for devastating punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                ...Brandon Rios. Say what u will about the man or his skill set but the dude can RUMBLE! Never with the possible exception of Chico Corrales have i seen a guy who just loves to be involved in a FIGHT as much as Bam Bam! see Antillion, Ortega, Alvarado 1&2, Murray...
                That was quite a barn-burner last night, BTW (as Alvarado decisioned Rios)...

Comment

To be perfectly honest with you, I wrestled with Robinson and Foreman for my 10th. pick. I wound up with Foreman because - unlike you - I lean toward the modern fighter. Besides, I have a soft spot in my heart for devastating punchers.
                  I do because for every modern name posters can come up with (post 1980) there a 10 that can be named as undoubtedly exciting so it was a hell of a time for boxing, a time when it was peaking.. I love the brawlers and I love tricky or slick boxer punchers. So guys like Willie Pep are must haves here. Willie wasn't a big hitter but the fact that he is the fastest and slickest boxing genius I am ever gonna see makes him a lay down mizaire for a great and excitiing fighter list.. He never ran, was always in position to land a blow... --- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------As for SRR it shouldn't matter what era you prefer, he was The Greatest and if a fan does not like him,, well he is no fan but rather a bit of a tool. THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYONE HAS TO LIST HIM HERE... if you see a name listed already no need to list him.. but by all means talk about them.

Comment

That was quite a barn-burner last night, BTW (as Alvarado decisioned Rios)...
                    Plus you are always welcome to make a list like my favorite 12 and a quarter excitement machines

Comment

Working...
                    X