Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC Exec: Arum Desperate, Great Fights Ahead Like Crawford-Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    When Arum had Pacquiao as the hot hand, do you remember that he made fighters like Mosley and Marquez leave Golden Boy in order to fight Manny - which they did - because he refused to work with GB.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Arum wants 50-50 and a full co-promotion. When Spence has the advantage, he doesn't have to agree to anything. I don't see Fox Sports and ESPN getting together to do a PPV like this. It's not even close to being a crossover fight. Neither guy is a superstar. It won't do a million buys, maybe not even 800K.
    I'm almost 100% certain that the fight wouldn't cross 600k in PPV buys right now. It's not happening as a joint PPV and Arum isn't going to send Bud over, so that means it's not happening.

There's a lot of people here who are either mentally ill or delusional. The fight isn't happening anytime soon.

Comment

When Arum had Pacquiao as the hot hand, do you remember that he made fighters like Mosley and Marquez leave Golden Boy in order to fight Manny - which they did - because he refused to work with GB.

Arum wants 50-50 and a full co-promotion. When Spence has the advantage, he doesn't have to agree to anything. I don't see Fox Sports and ESPN getting together to do a PPV like this. It's not even close to being a crossover fight. Neither guy is a superstar. It won't do a million buys, maybe not even 800K.
      This is true. Haymon is doing the same in house thing that Arum did. I don't think Spence-Crawford will ever happen.

Comment

Spence will be the A side when it’s all said and done and ready to be made!

Bud feasting on subpar opponents could
        Bite him
        Since he won’t be challenged or could be caught slipping by one of them
        Opponents while Errol
        Will
        Be sharper than a thumbtack due to fighting
        Superior opponents!

Arum fûçked over Crawford when he refused to make the Pacquiao vs Crawford fight and then didn’t pay Danny Garcia the money Khan got!

Bud will
        Realize when it’s too
        Late that Arum is the common denominator here!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          You don't see but do you know for a fact they wont do it? Does ESPN constantly pushing the fight on their network seem like they don't want to do it. What you mean Pump is PBC doesn't want to do it which makes them no different than Arum Pac era and yet they seem to be immune to criticism for it from so called boxing fans who should only want one thing.
          Sure ESPN will do, if the fight is on ESPN.

ESPN and Fox Sports and the two biggest sports networks in the United States, they spend BILLIONS to compete against each other in right's fees.

ESPN just swindled away the UFC from Fox Sports.

And you think they are just going to come together to do something like Crawford-Spence? Which may, at best do 700K.

Do you realize how little that is in revenue for two multi-billion dollar networks to split.

The best bet is for ESPN and Showtime to come together, but at the moment Spence's career is playing out on Fox.

Comment

You're absolutely right. As a fan I just want to see Spence vs Crawford period I don't care how. But I also understand there's politics behind which sucks for the fans. Arum needs better opponents for Crawford, it's sad Khan dropped the ball. Khan didn't even LOSE the right way lol The fight was set up for Crawford to finish Khan in spectacular fashion. Yet Khan got low balled/quit in the fight which made the ending ugly and hard to watch. So instead of the fight generating more excitement to see a potential showdown with Spence. It kinda left a sour taste behind.

Comment

Bob Arum and Crawford should accept the B side and other demands of PBC just like May/Pac in 2015!

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                Bob Arum and Crawford should accept the B side and other demands of PBC just like May/Pac in 2015!
                How can you accept demands from someone who wont even negotiate?

Comment

I cant stand PBC. How can they brag about not making a fight happen that everyone wants to see!?!?

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can feel sympathy for any of the promoters, let alone root them on like they are fighters themselves. They are all in on the business to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      This is true. Haymon is doing the same in house thing that Arum did. I don't think Spence-Crawford will ever happen.
                      I don't think Haymon would stop Crawford from fighting on Fox or Showtime.

None of his fighters have exclusive contract and can fight on whatever platform they choose. where as Long and Crawford and only fight on ESPN.

I would say that's good Managment skill on Haymon..

For this fight to happen, it foot be something like 70/30 Spence.. Crawford is going to have to give up allot to make this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X