Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Promoter Furious Over Mayweather-Alexander News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to say, man if anyone has info on this tirade it'd be Brook and his people. I was thinking Floyd is just trolling us by announcing this so when he cherry picks Guerrero it won't be as bad, so I assumed Devon was in on it.

If he was really in on it as a joke, and he actually still was fighting Brook then he would have told Brook's people it was just a joke and that he's playing along...

Comment

I'm sure some Brits were coming but I'm having a hard time believing 'a lot' of Brits were eager to spend a weekend in Detroit in the middle of winter. It's not like the fight wasn't already postponed once already because of his ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        If he was really in on it as a joke, and he actually still was fighting Brook then he would have told Brook's people it was just a joke and that he's playing along...
        That's what makes me think it's authentic. People will have cancelled flights and so forth upon hearing that Alexander was injured. If the Brook-Alexander fight was secretly going ahead, this little stunt would be very bad for business.

Comment

It's difficult for Brook but Floyd would not mind fighting Brook after Alexander.I'm sure Brook can position himself because Floyd wont be fighting at 154, he's small so he will fight at 147 now.

Comment

all thats gonna happen is oscar will cut brook a check to sit his ass down..this is a garbage fight btw...alexander is boring...i would rather watch 2 flies f**k then watch mayweather vs alexander

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
              I don't get it, whats this gotta do with GBP entering UK promoting market? Why even mention it
              It's essentially a thinly veiled threat. Letting GBP know that, if you allow such highly unprofessional u-turns to occur, your name will be damaged in the UK, we will take this down a legal route and any future negotiations could prove to be problematic.

Comment

Hope the IBF strip Alexander, unlikely though because they'll be wanting a piece of Mayweather-Alexander purse.

Comment

Hearns has every right to be pissed. They had a signed contract, I'm sure the whole thing can be taken to court.

Comment

Having Canelo on the undercard makes Mayweather able to do these ****ed up moves in the business.... right now he has brainwashed canelo into thinking if he takes the undercard he will give him a fight in september... when all that is going to happen is Mayweather will again say he is retiring and come back when the smoke has cleared... NOBODY SHOULD PAY FOR MAYWEATHER'S NEXT BOUT... he needs to stop messing around with people's hard earned money

Comment

If this is true Alexander should be stripped and his liscence revoked and Golden Boy Promotions should have there promoting liscence revovked - in my book a contract should be honoured and is binding otherwise why bother - I think there is a place for unification fights but the No 1 contender in this case is Brook and that needs to take preference and unifications should take place as your voluntary defense and not mandatory otherwise rankings start losing there meaning as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X