No announcement yet.

Is Nishioka over the hill already?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Nishioka over the hill already?

Not so long ago before this fight was made, a lot of people were saying that Nonito should stop fighting small guys and must face the likes of Nishioka and Mares, even the names of JuanMa and Gamboa were being mentioned. But now that his fighting Nishi people are suddenly saying that he's already over the hill?!? What the hell is up with that?? Coz I certainly do not agree... Your thoughts on this please..
    Yes
    31.71%
    No
    68.29%

It's all based on how he looked against Rafael Marquez, to me that doesn't hold any weight, even at this stage Marquez is dangerous. Marquez had Juanma hurt in many occasions as well, this was when Juanma was at the top of his game. Nishioka fought smart, controlled the fight with his jab and won a boring U.D, he pretty much did what he had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      It's all based on how he looked against Rafael Marquez, to me that doesn't hold any weight, even at this stage Marquez is dangerous. Marquez had Juanma hurt in many occasions as well, this was when Juanma was at the top of his game. Nishioka fought smart, controlled the fight with his jab and won a boring U.D, he pretty much did what he had to do.
      There's so much wrong with this post. First of all, Juanma is not even durable. Second of all, top of his game? Did you forget his fight vs bum ass Mtagwa about 2 fights before the Marquez fight? When you go life and death vs Mtagwa and almost get KTFO, that's not being on top of your game. And if it is Id hate to see him past prime...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        There's so much wrong with this post. First of all, Juanma is not even durable. Second of all, top of his game? Did you forget his fight vs bum ass Mtagwa about 2 fights before the Marquez fight? When you go life and death vs Mtagwa and almost get KTFO, that's not being on top of your game. And if it is Id hate to see him past prime...
        His struggles against Mtagwa were due to weight problems, having to make 122. Of course his defense has never been great but a healthy Juanma would have taken Mtagwa out within 3-4 rounds.

Comment

His struggles against Mtagwa were due to weight problems, having to make 122. Of course his defense has never been great but a healthy Juanma would have taken Mtagwa out within 3-4 rounds.
          He had been fighting at 122 before Mtagwa so where did this weight stuff come from? And the explanation for him getting hurt vs Marquez, a Bantam/SB and being KTFO by Salido @ 126? Weight too?

Where Im getting at is, Marquez would be a tough fight for some rookie like we saw Del Valle the other night vs Darchi. But he shouldn't had been for a vet like Nishioka.

Comment

it wasn't really a boring UD. nishioka stepped it up after he got that cut which was caused by a headbutt. anyone who says nishioka vs marquez was a close fight don't know what they're talking about...nishioka showed good speed, timing, defense, movement, and heart against marquez. definitely nishioka is not over the hill..he might be slightly past his prime, but over the hill he is not.

Comment

He had been fighting at 122 before Mtagwa so where did this weight stuff come from? And the explanation for him getting hurt vs Marquez, a Bantam/SB and being KTFO by Salido @ 126? Weight too?
              Just explained that, the quality of Marquez as a fighter, even at this stage. Same goes for Salido. So why all the assumptions?

Comment

I agree with the OP that it seemed like a lot of people were complaining that he wasn't fighting Nishioka, Rigo, Mares or Moreno. Now he is a lot of people are critical.

It's a shame but that's how the internet is.

6 months ago I would've said that he was a very legit opponent but not Donaire's biggest challenge at the weight. I still feel that way now. Until we see him in there it's hard to tell if his age and inactivity have affected him, I think it would most fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  it wasn't really a boring UD. nishioka stepped it up after he got that cut which was caused by a headbutt. anyone who says nishioka vs marquez was a close fight don't know what they're talking about...nishioka showed good speed, timing, defense, movement, and heart against marquez. definitely nishioka is not over the hill..he might be slightly past his prime, but over the hill he is not.
                  Wasn't entertained, but I wasn't critical of his performance because I understand how R.Marquez operates, which is why Nishioka fought the way he did.

Comment

Where Im getting at is, Marquez would be a tough fight for some rookie like we saw Del Valle the other night vs Darchi. But he shouldn't had been for a vet like Nishioka.
                    Then your overestimating Nishioka's abilities, he's a damn good fighter but I would have never expected him to have an easy going with Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X