Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather is Victor Ortiz' new trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, I didn't think it would be the smartest move for Ortiz if he ever wants a Floyd rematch.

But then I thought, what would Floyd think of his uncle training a possible future opponent?

Wouldn't it be great if the following happened:
    1. Floyd gets angry with Roger over this and leaves him
    2. Floyd Jr. reconciles with Floyd Sr., and asks him to be his trainer
    3. Roger greatly improves Ortiz's skills, putting some credible wins on his resume.
    4. Mayweather-Ortiz II ends up being a long-awaited showdown between the two Mayeather brothers, and much more competitive than the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
      At first, I didn't think it would be the smartest move for Ortiz if he ever wants a Floyd rematch.

But then I thought, what would Floyd think of his uncle training a possible future opponent?

Wouldn't it be great if the following happened:
      1. Floyd gets angry with Roger over this and leaves him
      2. Floyd Jr. reconciles with Floyd Sr., and asks him to be his trainer
      3. Roger greatly improves Ortiz's skills, putting some credible wins on his resume.
      4. Mayweather-Ortiz II ends up being a long-awaited showdown between the two Mayeather brothers, and much more competitive than the first fight.
      lol great imagination you got there

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        lol great imagination you got there
        Half playing when I say that, but honestly, it would be nice to see Floyd Sr and and Roger working opposite corners. We had a taste of it with Paris vs Montgomery (neither was at the fight), and that definitely didn't disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          People doubting the TS need to calm down, Tito is a legit source when it comes to Ortiz news, trust me. Anyhow, its an odd pairing but lm interested to see how it works out.
          Originally posted by chav View Post
          The TS has always ridden Ortreez's **** so I think he's probably right. Always thought he was some relation to Ortreez as its hard to stick by someone like him unless he's family with the way he acts
          Exactly!!! I believe the TS 100% because he seem to know and ride Ortiz like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Exactly!!! I believe the TS 100% because he seem to know and ride Ortiz like crazy.
            Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
            Shit I'll ask Roger myself on Wednesday when I head my ass to the gym.

But I actually believe OP.

I think he's the one that's usually had reliable news about Victor.
            Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            People doubting the TS need to calm down, Tito is a legit source when it comes to Ortiz news, trust me. Anyhow, its an odd pairing but lm interested to see how it works out.
            I'm with them^^^^^^^^....you can profit around here by paying attention...just sayin

Comment

Ortiz would quit in the corner the first time Roger yelled at him for not boxing dat mof***a.

Comment

Hope it's true, Ortiz can only improve on his last couple of outings...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Ortiz would quit in the corner the first time Roger yelled at him for not boxing dat mof***a.
                  Exactly what I was thinking. It's a bad match up the way roger is and emotional Ortiz wouldnt be able to take it. Roger will cuss him out and ortiz would probably snap at him.

Comment

I'll buy it...I heard somewhere, probably on here, that Ortiz wanted to replace everyone in his corner because nobody went to the hospital with/for him after his last fight.

I actually think it would be a pretty good fit. I like Ortiz. He is exciting to watch and has some skills. If he can get his head straight he can probably make some noise at 147/154...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Money talks bullshit walks, if he is willing to pay the man not like Roger is all that busy as a trainer with "high" end guys.

Seems like an odd mix, but Roger is brutally honest and that is something Ortiz could probably benefit from, good luck to them if true.
                      I also think this would be a weird hook up. I don't think these two match up very well. Idk how to explain it but their personalities just don't go together. I don't think Roger would have the patience to deal with Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X