Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does James Toney Have Better WINS Than Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

click play for anyone who hasn't seen it

Comment

Nunn was a cokehead by the time he fought Toney.
      McCallum was 35 by the time he fought Toney.

So much for green Hopkins and drained Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Toney was reluctant to open up because he was overwhelmed by Jones hand speed. You can't compare Nunn's speed with Jones. And no, I don't believe for one minute that Toney was "out of shape ."
        I'n that case I'll end this discussion here. Just know that Toney was known for ballooning up in between fights/coming in out of shape (Ie Thadzi). Its funny how a blown up middleweight who stood in front and got the better of an inside fight with one of the best cruiser weights ( and body punchers) in recent memory (Jirov) and someone who stood in front of heavyweights, is scared to throw punches because of Jones speed. Do you also believe that Toney didn't have an IV administered after the Jones weigh in because of all of the laxatives/diuretics help him lose weight?

Comment

An unbeaten Coke head that's a dominant middleweight champion and one of the most skillful fighters in boxing and is coming off of several straight exceptional wins, is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            I'n that case I'll end this discussion here. Just know that Toney was known for ballooning up in between fights/coming in out of shape (Ie Thadzi). Its funny how a blown up middleweight who stood in front and got the better of an inside fight with one of the best cruiser weights ( and body punchers) in recent memory (Jirov) and someone who stood in front of heavyweights, is scared to throw punches because of Jones speed. Do you also believe that Toney didn't have an IV administered after the Jones weigh in because of all of the laxatives/diuretics help him lose weight?
            i'd factor his reluctancy to jones counter punching him, which nunn was not doin much of, also nunn was there to be hit form the very beggining getting caught

if toney was that badly affected by the weight he wouldn't of had a close(what was it, the 8th?) round where he outworked jones as roy rested, neither would he have tried flurrying in the 12 only to have roy fly outta range or clinch him

toney's workrate dropped the same as pacquiao's in the face of a counterpuncher

Comment

The thread is on "who has the better wins" not "who beat Reggie Johnson more clearly". Never did i once compare their wins over Johnson.
              You said Toney beat Johnson too. That's called a comparison. You can't determine who has a better resume without making a comparisonan.

Comment

An unbeaten Coke head that's a dominant middleweight champion and one of the most skillful fighters in boxing and is coming off of several straight exceptional wins, is pretty impressive.
                And just like Toney's eating habits did not catch up with him until he faced a fighter of Jones' caliber, Nunn's snorting habits did not catch up with him until he faced a fighter of Toney's caliber... shocking, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  i'd factor his reluctancy to jones counter punching him, which nunn was not doin much of, also nunn was there to be hit form the very beggining getting caught

if toney was that badly affected by the weight he wouldn't of had a close(what was it, the 8th?) round where he outworked jones as roy rested, neither would he have tried flurrying in the 12 only to have roy fly outta range or clinch him

toney's workrate dropped the same as pacquiao's in the face of a counterpuncher
                  So one burst of effort automatically makes him not drained? Its perfectly normally for a fighters work rate to drop against a counter puncher. Its not normal for a fighter to look lackadaisical or look like he didn't come in with any type of game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    You said Toney beat Johnson too. That's called a comparison. You can't determine who has a better resume without making a comparisonan.
                    You must have misunderstood. I said that, meaning that he also beat Johnson (meaning that's its a win in the books for him as well as Jones). Nothing more. You took that and started comparing how they actually performed which i never did.

Comment

So one burst of effort automatically makes him not drained? Its perfectly normally for a fighters work rate to drop against a counter puncher. Its not normal for a fighter to look lackadaisical or look like he didn't come in with any type of game plan.
                      didn't toney have weight issues in the fight 4 months prior to jones? he(like always), blew up, weight drained, and blew up after the weigh in

was he weight drained vs williams do you think?
                      i guess he would've been if he lost

Comment

Working...
                      X