Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in all, you fans are telling me that...Pacquiao put money in-front of a quality opponent?

I just wanted to make sure, because I have always been told that Pacquiao always fights for legacy, and doesn't take easy fights. But I guess you guys have confirmed that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      Yea, Epic fail.

Mosley was ranked around number 5 or maybe it was 8.
      Still

Mosley > Berto

Comment

Pac dont pick fighters...Arum does that...

and on the "Roach & Arum had said Floyd won over a old Mosley"-topic...Roach & Arum are the most famous Floyd-haters...they are not different to the Floyd haters on this forum or in the world...no matter what Floyd does they will be hate...

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Shocking, Berto No.3 well I guess they can't get it right all the time.
          How were those ranking "not right"

Mosley had only WON, ONE FIGHT at WW in the last 4 years....I repeat WON just ONE DAMN fight at WW in the last 4 years.

You can't be called the 3rd best WW with only winning ONE FIGHT in the last 4 years.

Especially after getting thoroughly dominated by Floyd a year prior. While Berto was a title holder, undefeated. And, had more than ONE WIN in the last 4 years.

What wasn't right about those rankings?

Was Berto overrated, over hyped? Yes he was no doubt about it. But, comparing against that shot to pieces version of Mosley who had only WON, ONE damn fight in the last years. You bet your ass Berto deserved to be ranked higher than Mosley.

And, Pac should have been fighting Berto unifying and cleaning out the division against Berto. Not no damn Mosley. Whoever defends that choice is an F'ing dickrider to the max. Like to the point where it becomes ****'ish.

Comment

Clottey and Mosley were stinkers that I can't justify, especially considering there were better more suitable opponents out there at the time.

*******s can justify anything, but then it's pretty easy to justify propaganda when you have the mental capacity of a goldfish to think about it and work it out for yourself...swallow what is fed to you and ask no questions.

Comment

Still

Mosley > Berto
              A old fighter vs Young?? I'm guessing you only feel that way because Mosley fought your favorite fighter Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                So in all, you fans are telling me that...Pacquiao put money in-front of a quality opponent?

I just wanted to make sure, because I have always been told that Pacquiao always fights for legacy, and doesn't take easy fights. But I guess you guys have confirmed that he does.
                No, Pacquiao first choice was Mayweather, but no one could find him. He resurfaced again once Pacquiao vs Mosley was signed.

And plus Pacquiao out did Mayweather again.

Mayweather won 10 rounds against Mosley

Pacquiao won 12 rounds agaisnt Mosley.

Comment

Still

Mosley > Berto
                  All time? Yes, at that time? No.

Comment

Why is Floyd fighting Ortiz? He got beat by a one-dimensional fighter in Maidana and he has no heart. because he beat overrated bum in Berto?

If it was ******* fighting Ortiz all the *****'s would be rioting calling Ortiz a huge bum with no heart. but suddenly Ortiz is top 5 p4p and one of floyd's toughest tests?

Comment

In the end.

If Berto was to take his first loss, it should have been to Pacquiao, he should have gotten in there and beaten that young overhyped fighter, but instead he ducked him.

Mosley had less than 10% reason to be in the ring with Pacquiao, especially if he's going to be marketed as the Anti-Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X