Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    "No matter how you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley."
    -- Floyd Mayweather

It's a W. That's all that matters.

Go back and watch the HBO broadcast and listen to Jones.

Monroe had good head movement, a decent jab and was countering. He was taking G's shots very well in the center of the ring. He was attacking the body very well. His mistake was he kept backing up to the ropes like they all do for some stupid reason. All he had to do was ramp up the aggression and just go forward with it in the middle of the ring, outwork G and circle him. But he kept backing up. That's why he got handed. Not because of a skill difference, but because he let G intimidate and domesticate him.

I seriously believe that what happened against Blackwell can only do one of two things: make Eubank nervous or make him dangerous. We know he's got punch speed and we know he'll go to war if it suits him. Question is whether he'll get intimidated. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, he just has to outbox the guy over the distance. If he wins over the judges by sheer activity, he will win the fight.
    The reason Monroe kept backing up was because GGG made him back up. He's a master at cutting off the ring. He hunts his opponents down and methodically gives them a beating. When he's ready to get them out of there he ends the fight. IMHO many of his fights are training exercises and "presents for the fans." He took some big shots from Monroe and Stevens and walked right through them. Eubanks is talented but we'll have to wait and see if he can handle the level GGG brings to the game. Kudos to him if he can but after watching both fighters you'd have to be delusional to think Eubanks Jr has even a remote chance of stopping let alone hurting GGG. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      He's saying the same things Wade, Lemiuex, Rubio, Monroe, Etc all said. Eubanks is saying it more often but that is actually a bad omen for him.

By the way he's talking it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Because if he first thinks GGG can't box, he clearly doesn't see what GGG is doing in the ring. The way he keeps opponents in front centered, the balance, the timing, the jab, etc.

If he thinks GGG doesn't slip punches, he must be watching just the replay where GGG is letting himself get hit. GGG slips, just not to the point he isn't still in position. And he's always willing to take a risk to get into position to blast his opponent.

If Eubanks really thinks GGG can't hurt him it tells me he's going to come foward, and that is gonna get him hurt. He already leaves himself open, and he has never faced a guy who can both exploit that and hurt him. Susnders exploited Eubanks flaws. GGG will make him pay for them.

Then all the GGG haters will start pointing out Eubanks has no major wins, etc.
      That's a strong analysis. Eubank Jr definitely needs to hit the film room. And if he truly believes he can take everything GGG's got, he'd better also work on his defense.

Comment

At least Eubank Jr's talk is top-notch...

Comment

Saying that Golovkin relies on his power and intimidation is the first mistake in their analysis.

He is a hugely precise and skillful fighter. Excellent footwork and punch variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
            How am i a casual? I'm a boxing trainer and a boxer, i watch the majority of the fights, and i even make my own boxing rankings from heavyweight to junior welterweight. All i said was as a fighter i don't see anything special in Golovkin, if i was a pro middleweight i'd take that fight in a heart beat. He's too slow and if Eubank comes with the right game plan he would win, and i'm a 95% sure Canelo would stop Golovkin at any weight
            It's hard to take you serious when all the boxing fans on this site see something different. You literally would have to create a MW frankenstein from scratch in order to beat GGG. The boxer would need a granite chin...the boxer would need power in both hands...the boxer would need defense...the boxer would have to be trained to defend against pressure & shifting...the boxer would have to have the stamina to go 12 rds with him...the boxer would need a strong inside game, etc.

It's obvious that not all MW's have all these characteristics, & can maintain all those characteristics at a world level. You're seeing something that not all the pros see...which is troubling, because the world-level boxers & trainers are certain GGG is not an easy out. What's your excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
              It's hard to take you serious when all the boxing fans on this site see something different. You literally would have to create a MW frankenstein from scratch in order to beat GGG. The boxer would need a granite chin...the boxer would need power in both hands...the boxer would need defense...the boxer would have to be trained to defend against pressure & shifting...the boxer would have to have the stamina to go 12 rds with him...the boxer would need a strong inside game, etc.

It's obvious that not all MW's have all these characteristics, & can maintain all those characteristics at a world level. You're seeing something that not all the pros see...which is troubling, because the world-level boxers & trainers are certain GGG is not an easy out. What's your excuse?
              The problem is that there is an obsessively devoted and aggressive fanbase on here that is impossible to talk to. So, if a poster sees openings in Genady's game, people mob up on that guy saying how dare he. Next time that guy comes back, "I see openings" turns into "he's nothing special".
              If people would stop acting like a cult then they'd see less retaliatory shyt talk. The Golovkin goon squad is so annoying that I even find myself rattling their cage, though I try not to because I don't have anything against Golovkin himself.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post

Brook, Thurman, Porter, Errol Spence Jr., Amir Khan. Where are the equivalent styles and level at Middleweight? Saunders basically fought Eubank by counter strategy and timidness. Had Eubank fought the earlier rounds like the later rounds he'd have the WBO. Eubank has shown consistent combination work in his fights. Ironically Dominic Wade was the only confident fighter to land 4 punch combinations on Lil'G that Lemieux, Monroe Jr. Rubio, Murray couldn't even grasp. Stevens supposedly has a granite chin he shouldve been kncoked out earlier in the fight instead he held his ground trying to go for a lucky shot vs other opponents running around the ring.

If Eubank comes in with that A game and lands more accurate punches that flow will dominate the fight on points. Eubank has a daring IQ in defense, so I assume he will play it more safely than reckless, and of course, yiu gotta have B plans or C plans. Monroe Jr. figured out that jnside game for a while, is he stronger than Eubank? Lil'G doesn't like inside fighting.
                Last edited by Lester Tutor; 07-03-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  The problem is that there is an obsessively devoted and aggressive fanbase on here that is impossible to talk to. So, if a poster sees openings in Genady's game, people mob up on that guy saying how dare he. Next time that guy comes back, "I see openings" turns into "he's nothing special".
                  If people would stop acting like a cult then they'd see less retaliatory shyt talk. The Golovkin goon squad is so annoying that I even find myself rattling their cage, though I try not to because I don't have anything against Golovkin himself.
                  Absolutely right. When there's a boxer our there that many regard as special, why is that so hard to understand? We can even look at all the active boxers know & name which ones are special: Crawford could certainly be special, Lomachenko is on his way, Kovalev is a beast, & Spence is not far away from ruling 147. These guys have special attributes that make boxing fans pay attention. It's extremely frustrating to have anyone bash on boxers who haven't done anything wrong. I mean, what has GGG done that has warranted such a devoted trolling population? He's certainly trying to do everything right as it applies to boxing. How many boxers out there can honestly say that they can't find quality opponents because all of them are ducking? I can only count one.

Comment

His mistake was he kept backing up to the ropes like they all do for some stupid reason.
                    That stupid reason might be GGG's power, foot work etc... But nah, it's easier to just blame the boxer rather than credit the opponent.

All he had to do was ramp up the aggression and just go forward with it in the middle of the ring, outwork G and circle him. But he kept backing up. That's why he got handed. Not because of a skill difference, but because he let G intimidate and domesticate him.
                    That's some expert advice there, if only his corner would have given him that advice it would have been an entirely different outcome.

Everything is easier said than done when you're not the one taking punches.
                    Last edited by Ce1ska; 07-03-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      Brook, Thurman, Porter, Errol Spence Jr., Amir Khan. Where are the equivalent styles and level at Middleweight? Saunders basically fought Eubank by counter strategy and timidness. Had Eubank fought the earlier rounds like the later rounds he'd have the WBO. Eubank has shown consistent combination work in his fights. Ironically Dominic Wade was the only confident fighter to land 4 punch combinations on Lil'G that Lemieux, Monroe Jr. Rubio, Murray couldn't even grasp. Stevens supposedly has a granite chin he shouldve been kncoked out earlier in the fight instead he held his ground trying to go for a lucky shot vs other opponents running around the ring.

If Eubank comes in with that A game and lands more accurate punches that flow will dominate the fight on points. Eubank has a daring IQ in defense, so I assume he will play it more safely than reckless, and of course, yiu gotta have B plans or C plans. Monroe Jr. figured out that jnside game for a while, is he stronger than Eubank? Lil'G doesn't like inside fighting.
                      Easier said than done. Eubank jr has huge holes in his defense...he's more of an offensive fighter. Which would be the wrong way to approach defeating GGG. The plan is out there on how to beat GGG...the problem is who is capable of employing it. If Eubank is truly intent on trading with GGG, his chin will be tested...because, I gotta tell you, GGG has a strong chin too. Timing beats speed, accuracy beats power. If Eubank jr believes he has this perfect plan, then he'd better hope that he puts in some good work in camp. Eubank Jr. is too wild with his punching for me to believe that he's ready to take down the MW king. And the lack of defense makes me fear an early stoppage. If you want to beat GGG, you have to get him off of his aggression...to me, Eubank jr's style will probably encourage that aggression. I'm not giving Eubank jr too much of a shot here.

Comment

Working...
                      X