Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: I Don't Think I Left Golden Boy, I Was Kicked Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mosley: I Don't Think I Left Golden Boy, I Was Kicked Out

Former champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley doesn't believe he actually left Golden Boy Promotions, as many have reported. Mosley was a partner in the company. In his opinion, Golden Boy kicked him out when he made a decision to hold a meeting with Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, in order to cut a deal for a Manny Pacquiao fight on May 7. After he reached a deal to face Pacquiao, Mosley claims Golden Boy sent him a severance check for a few thousand dollars.

[Click Here To Read More]

WOW
    Golden boy just bent over all its fighters with no lube
    good luck trying to get some good fights now
    good for shane!
    now I know he is going to shock the world and win and get 2 more mega fights with old bobby
    haahaha

Comment

poor shane,hes lying to himself to think pacs style suits him,and that pac will be right in front of him all the time.

Pac will hit and move,he wont be infront on shane for long,and shane will be to busy getting hit with multi punch combinations,and hurt with fast hard body shots that will slow and tire shane out.

Shane has no defence and pac has unpredictable timing and movement that shane has never been good at handling.

if a less past it shane couldnt beat cotto,then he wont beat pac.

And i very much like shane,why im sad this fight happens,pac should have been outdoing marquez really.

Comment

I really dont belive Mosely was deeply involved with the business side of things. I think Shanes days as a partner were limited. Oscar is becoming a cutthroat promoter. I love Shane Mosely, one of the nicest personalities in the fight game. But his glory days are long gone... Manny's gonna make quick work of him... Much better than Mayweather did.

Comment

well he did kinda hurt the interests of the company that he supposedly had a stake in and was a partner in. traditionally, thats not a very good thing. i dont think golden boy was wrong for thinking he wanted to leave.

i also dont blame shane for leaving for his shot tho. he did what was best for him and golden boy did what was best for them.

Comment

I think Mosley can win this fight.

Comment

I honestly gotta side with GBP.

mosley should've been loyal to GBP.

GBP needs to draw a line in the sand, or else boxers will be leaving GBP for TR to get the shot against Pac.

but mosley doesn't really care cause he'll make more money with TR than GBP anyways.

Comment

shane you left and you know it you better beat pac or your career is really done

Comment

I think Shane has no fight contract with GBP whatsoever so he was entitled to negotiate for himself. Maybe after meeting with Top Rank, he let Oscar know about it and send him away with the check. Obviously Oscar wants Marquez to be Pacquiao's next opponent than him cause of the money split.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    I honestly gotta side with GBP.

mosley should've been loyal to GBP.

GBP needs to draw a line in the sand, or else boxers will be leaving GBP for TR to get the shot against Pac.

but mosley doesn't really care cause he'll make more money with TR than GBP anyways.
                    that's true.

mosley had no choice really.

not only will he get a big payday with pac but he can also get a solid one fighting cotto/marg.

Comment

Working...
                    X