No announcement yet.

Hatton shoulda stayed with Graham.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton shoulda stayed with Graham.

OK been pondering about this and not 100% sure how to type it to make sense so here goes.

ever since Ricky used Graham as the scapgoat for his loss to Mayweather it pissed me off.

i think at the time i made a comparison to Naz teaming up with Manny Steward and Manny f***ing up his style trying to turn him into a boxer.

Ricky like Naz was tooo long in the tooth to learn new tricks. he got where he was because of Graham, he knew him inside and out **what he could and couldn't do))

they were friends and it was a succesful partnership, just ask Ricky's bank manager.

sure it was ugly at times but he got to the top with him and the sometimes ugly style they used.

I am not saying Ricky would have done any better under Graham but i'm sure as hell saying he could't have done any worse.

and feel it was a shame that Graham didn't finish his career in rickys corner.

kinda tainted Ricky for me the way he threw him to one side because of the loss... gotta remember how close these guys where and how many successful years they spent together.

I still prefer Mayweather over Graham

Comment

Wasn't Graham injured though and having problems training with Hatton because of these injuries? he said himself on Steve Bunces boxing hour that the year off has done him good. Not saying your wrong just maybe he wasn't able to keep up with Hatton, but then again I suppose they could of brought somone else in aswell as having Graham as main trainer. But who knows.

Comment

Coming straight in with hands down killed Ricky, trainer had nothing to do with it.

Comment

It's been said before Hatton simply doesn't listen, he knows best all the time, he could of had roach training him and it wouldn't have helped, the red mist decended and here comes the same old ricky.

Comment

Doesn't matter who trains Hatton. As soon as the bell goes, the game plan and discipline goes out the window and fights with his heart instead of his head.

That's his problem.

Comment

i dunno why he hired floyd if he wasnt gonna do what floyd told him to do.

Comment

Graham sucks as a trainer, all his fighters left him, Matt Macklin, Jamie Moore, etc.

I think Hatton could of turned into a boxer/brawler that Mayweather wanted him to be, it just that it takes time, and of course Hatton was going to go back to his old self.

Comment

Working...
                X