• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Shane Mosley a B level fighter?

When Mosley decides to hang up the gloves

1. How will you remember him?

2. What's his biggest win?

3. I have heard a lot of fans consider him a "B" Level fighter...do you guys agree?

no, he's an A or A-, he will be remembered as one of the best of his era who fought everyone and ducked no one.

Oscar De La Hoya 1 is forever his biggest win

Comment

hes an a- level fighter. certainly not b.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

3. I have heard a lot of fans consider him a "B" Level fighter...do you guys agree?

he's a hall of famer but he's nowhere near the top 100 of all time (what i call ATG's)

his best division was LW

his best win is undoubtedly his first dub over oscar. i'd actually say his second best win may appear to be antonio margarito, but there are some dubious circumstances surrounding that obviously

who knows how often margarito loaded his gloves? he's an unkown quantity at this stage. his recent fights (when we know for certain that he is wearing legal wraps,) dont show the devastating power

again, i go back to this every time
        watch margarito's fight with golden johnson
        and if you have to, watch it twice in a row. it's one round. margarito's punches are nothing like that. he's hitting uncharacteristically hard against johnson if you look at the work he did in the mosley and pacquiao and second cotto fights. they really dont even look like the same punches or puncher.

he was considered the best fighter on the planet after he beat oscar de la hoya
        Last edited by New England; 04-13-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Shane's an obvious ATG but right now he is a D level fighter and thats being generous

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            no, he's an A or A-, he will be remembered as one of the best of his era who fought everyone and ducked no one.

Oscar De La Hoya 1 is forever his biggest win
            He admittedly ducked Paul Williams

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

i will remember him as a good LW champ foremost, then a decent weight scaler second...

of course the W over oscar was his best, and the exposure of margarito second best...

i want to know who are the fighters there in the B level? im not sure what you really mean, but i think he was / is good enough for enshrinement at the IBHOF...

Comment

Oscar DeLa Hoya definitely his biggest win,
                love his style of boxing, plus has always
                been a stand up boxer, represented the
                sport of boxing to the fullest
                never ducked anyone...
                He gets an A from me

Comment

Definitely a hall of famer, which is the very definition of an A-fighter.

Comment

Victor Conte approves of this thread
                    [IMG]http://www.*************/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/victor-conte-steroids.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                    X