Collapse
No announcement yet.

In job hunt,College Degree cant close racial gap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what will fix the problem, more affirmative action to make things more fair......YAAAY

Also, big shock this is posted by a guy named 'steve harvey' seeing as the real one is a racist crybaby if iv ever seen one.

steve ....

Comment

where'd ya go harvey???

looking up other stupid race baiting ****???

skewing the facts so you can make false claims????

or did you just log out and sign in under one of your other racist alts?!?

Comment

Actually there was an in depth study done about 10 years ago and they even showed it on TV. I think it was covered by the news program 20/20. It showed how blacks get less pay, don't get accepted for car loans, house loans, apartment rental etc than whites with the same exact qualifications and education.

They also did a study on "attractive" to "non-attractive" people. People reacted in the same sort of way. Nothing new here....

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
          Depends where you live. In Texas, a business degree from UT at Austin is worth more to people than Harvard.
          Originally posted by Steve Harvey View Post

Mr. Williams recently applied to a Dallas money management firm that had posted a position with top business schools. The hiring manager had seemed ecstatic to hear from him, telling him they had trouble getting people from prestigious business schools to move to the area. Mr. Williams had left New York and moved back in with his parents in Dallas to save money.

But when Mr. Williams later met two men from the firm for lunch, he said they appeared stunned when he strolled up to introduce himself.

“Their eyes kind of hit the ceiling a bit,” he said. “It was kind of quiet for about 45 seconds.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us
          You could be right or maybe the Top 10 alumni dont like working down there.I know guys who are recruited from Universities even like Leicester to go and head projects in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
            where'd ya go harvey???

looking up other stupid race baiting ****???

skewing the facts so you can make false claims????

or did you just log out and sign in under one of your other racist alts?!?
            That's a New York times post man,I only copied the item.

Comment

You know those guys are going to be late to work thats why they cant get a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Harvey View Post
                That's a New York times post man,I only copied the item.
                check your sources next time... learn to see the facts through the bull****

otherwise you will remain a failure...

dont post bait threads....

1 star

open your mind and look at the WHOLE story....

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon View Post
                  that's bull**** and u know it..
                  they all must be lower class too then:

Atherton Grace: Don Johnson and Kelley Phleger's kid

Audio Science: Shannyn Sossamon's kid

Aurelius Cy: Elle Macpherson and Arpad Busson's

Blue Angel: U2's The Edge and Aislinn O'Sullivan's

Bluebell Madonna: Geri Halliwell's

Brooklyn: David and Victoria Beckham (also parents to Romeo and Cruz)

Calico: Alice and Sheryl Cooper (also parents to Sonora Rose)

Camera: Arthur Ashe and Jeanne Moutoussamy

Destry: Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw

Diezel Ky: Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis (also parents to Denim Cole)

Fifi Trixibell: Bob Geldof and Paula Yates (also parents to Peaches and Pixie)

Fuchsia: Sting and Frances Tomelty

Gaia: Emma Thompson and Greg Wise

Gulliver: Gary Oldman and Donya Fiorentino

Heaven: Lil' Mo (also mother to God'Iss Love Stone)

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily: Paula Yates and Michael Hutchence

Hopper: Sean Penn and Robin Wright

Ireland: Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger

Jaz: Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi

Jazz Domino: Joe Strummer

Jermajesty: Jermaine Jackson and Alejandra Genevieve Oaziaza (previously married to Jermaine's brother Randy)

Kal-El Coppola: Nicholas Cage (Kal-El is Superman’s original birth name)

Kyd: David Duchovny and Tea Leoni

Lark Song: Mia Farrow and André Previn

Lennon: Liam Gallagher and Patsy Kensit

Liberty: Ryan Giggs

London Emilio: Slash

Luna Coco Patricia: Frank Lampard and Elen Rive

Marquise: 50 Cent

Memphis Eve: Bono

Moon Unit: Frank Zappa, also father to Dweezil and Diva Muffin

Moxie CrimeFighter: Penn Jillette (also father to Zolten)

Ocean: Forest Whitaker (also father to Sonnet and True)

Pilot Inspektor: Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf

Poppy Honey: Jamie and Jules Oliver (also parents to Daisy Boo)

Rocket: Robert Rodriguez (also father to Racer, Rebel and Rogue)

Rufus Tiger: Roger Taylor also father to Tiger Lily and Lola Daisy

Saffron Sahara: Simon and Yasmin Le Bon (also parents to Amber Rose and Tallulah Pine)

Sage Moonblood: Sylvester Stallone and Sasha Czack (also parents to Seargeoh)

Satchel: ****e Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee

Seven Sirius: Andre Benjamin and Erykah Badu

Shiloh Nouvel: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Sosie: Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick

Suri: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

Tallulah: Bruce Willis and Demi Moore (also parents to Scout and Rumer)

Willow Camille Reign: Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith

Zola Ivy: Eddie Murphy and Nicole Mitchell
                  I'm sorry, are you suggesting here that the children of mega rich celebrities are finding it tough to get jobs because their resumes get rejected because of their daft names?

Employers don't baulk because a name is funny. They baulk because a name evokes images of an uneducated lower class individual. This counts whether the name is "black" (like Antwan or Shaneequa) or "white" (Crystal, Shayenne).

Comment

i scored a 25 on the act and jokingly marked my race as black. i was offered a full ride ride until they found out i was white. then they took it all away, solely based on my skin color. you can't get a job because of your skin color? i can't go to college because of mine, so **** off with your race card.

Comment

I have three degrees, one being a BS in Mechanical Engineering from VA Tech, they do me no good. I can't get companies to even call me back due to my lack of experience among other reasons, including the bumbling economy that we have going on. I have numerous friends that I graduated with that can't find jobs or have had previous job offers retracted. Most of them are white as am I. I respect your post but the fact is, when times get tough, the highest paid get tossed and experience counts. The market gets flooded with experienced workers in dire straights because of their families and companies in a position to hire only hire people with experience. The man making 80K a year takes a paycut to 65K to support his family and the company saves by not having to train a new graduate (regardless of race) with no experience expecting to make 60K. Most of the companies I have sent resumes to have asked me to fill in my race and such on an "Employee Data Flow Form" and being white has made no difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X