No announcement yet.

2nd XBOX got R.R.O.D.! WTF?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd XBOX got R.R.O.D.! WTF?!?!?

Ya, my 2nd Xbox just got it's red ring. The 1st time I had the ghetto wizard come by and fix it for me. He couldn't fix it so he swapped me for a modded version. That Xbox was stolen when my house was burgarlized. So I bought a new one and today it was hit with the red ring. Not even 6 months!

What do I do now? Call the Ghetto Wizard again?! I'm so sick of this ****. I love my Xbox but it's not ****ing reliable.

If you're not under warranty there's only one thing to do ; call the ghetto wizard.

Comment

Or buy a new one, melt the serial number sticker off with a hair dryer, then swap the guts and take back your broken one for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Or buy a new one, melt the serial number sticker off with a hair dryer, then swap the guts and take back your broken one for a refund.
        Never thought of that! Think I like this option best!

Even the Ghetto Wizard charges 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by -GBGQ- View Post
          Never thought of that! Think I like this option best!

Even the Ghetto Wizard charges 50 bucks.
          You may want to check into it a bit more before you do it.

I haven't attempted it on a 360 myself ; but I do know that certain labels from certain game companies use those "void" stickers that instantly read "void!" all over the sticker once it's removed.

I know Sony does that, and I wouldn't put it past MS to do the same.

So check around a bit, and see what types of stickers they use, and the best way to get them off cleanly ; the internet is great for this sort of thing.

Once you figure that out it's only a matter of taking both consoles apart, and swapping out the motherboards and any disc drives.

I used to do that **** all the time back in the day.

Also ; back in the day with VHS tapes you could do the same. I'd rent good movies, and take out the tape reels, and then give them blanks back in return.

My VHS collection was poppin'.

Comment

perhaps you should check out getting a fan cooling system thing for your xbox if you get it fixed. dont know if it helps with anything but i dont imagine it could hurt for 15-20$.

Comment

fans wont help. the xbox360 is a flaud system and will never be fixable. i'm on my 5th xbox right now. all fixed under warranty. if i remember right, they extend the warranty for 3 more years if you have R.R.O.D. after the 1st one i bought one of those fans you put under the xbox. that one was dead in 8 months. after that i put a 15 in house fan front of it and had it on every time i played.... those lasted about the same. R.R.O.D. will happen no matter what you do to it. no fan will make it last forever. microsoft just doesnt make reliable systems. so much fun though!

Comment

Since I put my XBOX out in the open and started downloading the games to my hard drive I have not had a problem.

Not a lot of people know that you can download games to the hard drive. Try it and see if it helps.

Comment

My 360 only rro'd once in like 4 years and even then i just reset it and it worked lol

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    My 360 only rro'd once in like 4 years and even then i just reset it and it worked lol
                    Not the RRoD then. I bought mine in 2005, died in 2008 fixed in 2 weeks, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X