Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liddell VS. Ortiz UFC 42 possability......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liddell VS. Ortiz UFC 42 possability......

From MMAweekly.com..........

MMAWeekly.com talked with Chuck Liddell's camp in the past 24 hours and this is what we know in regards to him possibly fighting UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz in the future.

It looks as though the UFC would like this fight between Ortiz and Liddell to come off at UFC 42 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the MGM Grand. There was speculation that this fight could take place in Japan in June. There was speculation that Zuffa would be interested in having Tito fight for the Japanese fans, which would become a P.R. move to try and build the Japanese fan base with the high profile fighters like Tito and Chuck.

When it comes right down to it though, having Ortiz fight Liddell in Vegas makes more sense. You have two of your best fighters from California. Both fighters would be able to sell a ton of seats with fans from Southern and Central California wanting to see "their" guy fight live. You would think that for this upcoming title fight that selling 10,000 seats wouldn't be a big problem, since most of the fan base from California would only have to drive 3 to 6 hours to see this epic matchup.

It's believed that Liddell has been told that April 25th is the most likely date that this fight will take place at UFC 42 and that there should not be a problem signing Tito to take on the "Iceman" in this fight. Chuck wants this fight in a bad way, to continue to help define his career and he seems to be a bit concerned that Tito won't sign the fight. From what Chuck told MMAWeekly though, he has received confirmation that Tito will sign to fight him and it's believed this fight will come off at UFC 42.

I hope they can put this together by UFC 42, I would by tickets now if this fight was already signed................

Man, I want to see this happen

Comment

This is big money for all parties...it will have to happen

Comment

It must happend!

Comment

F@#K EM UP CHUCK

Comment

Originally posted by True_Warrior4
            F@#K EM UP CHUCK
            What he said!

Comment

Chuck will finally get his belt now, Tito's just keeping it warm.
              ________
              Kawasaki ZR1200A
              Last edited by lightweight; 01-19-2011, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Nope tito gonna keep that belt for a long time belive it or not...

Comment

If they take that to fight over in japan that would be like a slap in the face for all the american fans thats been wanting to see this fight. I say if they want to build PR over there, thats great, but it doesn't do me any good.

Comment

Working...
                  X