Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is this, he fought Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto when they were all top fighters in their perspective division, regardless of whether you choose to forget what the consensus was going into those bouts, and soon enough he'll be doing the same with Guerrero, after that expect the winner of Canelo-Trout. Complaints anyone?

Comment

ducking Ward...hmmm...that's a good one...lemme get my material ready...thanks, john

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Floyd fans keep making threads like this up, but then never listen to the answers and replies they get.

Floyd is criticised as he dont fight much, doesnt work as hard as his fellow peers, yet gets more credit than the workhorses of the sport.

People want us to believes hes the best fighter, when he dont fight. Its harder to be 100% in a fight when you fight often, there are going to be nights when its just not happening for you and its not your night.

Floyd will never encounter those nights as he dont fight much, and its easier to prepare for one off fights and have a good night, and make things go right for you on the night.
        This isn't even the point that I'm making.

The number of fights isn't what I'm talking about. It's WHO he's expected to fight. He can't fight a guy who moves up to WW and wins a title, but he is expected to fight every champion/contender between 154 and 160, because he won a title at 154.

Mayweather vs. Guerrero at 147 (Mayweather's weight class). Guerrero is too small.

Mayweather vs. Canelo/Martinez/Trout (Not Mayweather's weight classes). Mayweather isn't too small.

There's a ton of people on here claiming that they won't even give credit to Floyd for beating Martinez unless it's at 160.

If you don't see the hypocrisy, then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
          so your deep hatred for Floyd all stems from him not fighting often enough ??
          Im the devils advocate so to speak. Im for justice and if Floyd is being called the best fighter, when i dont think he deserves that acclaim as others, thats where my beef stems from.
          Floyd has to prove it to me, and most times hes AWOL. Popping up once in a while isnt going to convince me of anything. Whereas Cotto beats Yuri Foreman and then Margaratio and FLoyd turns up for one fight dont do nothing for me. Cotto had 2 good nights and was due a bad night against Floyd. And him being very competive with Floyd was a bad night for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            That's exactly what it is.

They will never admit it, but it's simply that people want to see him lose so badly, that nothing he does will be good enough. Until he loses, and they can say "I told you so".

If he were to beat Canelo and Martinez, he would be "ducking Andre Ward".

And if he were to lose when he's 45 years old, they would say "told ya he was overrated!"
            No he does cherry pick easy opponents while avoiding the best fighters. He's done it ever since the castillo fight. It's a fact. Then he fights once every 2 years and pretends to be retired instead of earning his respect by facing the best at any given time. They have been planning this guerrero fight for 3 years.

They had to build him up but he's been in their cross hairs. Instead of fighting Pac the last 3 years he's been watering the gurerro cherry until it was just ripe to pick. The criticism against Mayweather is Valid. Floyd wouldn't fight Cotto until he got KTFO a few times. There are tons of examples

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              ducking Ward...hmmm...that's a good one...lemme get my material ready...thanks, john
              I'm here for you, Mak. You can lead the charge on this one.

Comment

How many 'People don't suck Floyd's dick hard enough' threads is too many around here?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Im the devils advocate so to speak. Im for justice and if Floyd is being called the best fighter, when i dont think he deserves that acclaim as others, thats where my beef stems from.
                  Floyd has to prove it to me, and most times hes AWOL. Popping up once in a while isnt going to convince me of anything. Whereas Cotto beats Yuri Foreman and then Margaratio and FLoyd turns up for one fight dont do nothing for me. Cotto had 2 good nights and was due a bad night against Floyd. And him being very competive with Floyd was a bad night for Cotto.
                  I had to read this 3 times. And I still don't think someone can be this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    No he does cherry pick easy opponents while avoiding the best fighters. He's done it ever since the castillo fight. It's a fact. Then he fights once every 2 years and pretends to be retired instead of earning his respect by facing the best at any given time. They have been planning this guerrero fight for 3 years.

They had to build him up but he's been in their cross hairs. Instead of fighting Pac the last 3 years he's been watering the gurerro cherry until it was just ripe to pick. The criticism against Mayweather is Valid. Floyd wouldn't fight Cotto until he got KTFO a few times. There are tons of examples
                    Right. Pacquiao was just ready and willing to fight Mayweather. /lies

Right. Mayweather didn't fight Pacquiao because he's been waiting on Guerrero. /morelies

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      This isn't even the point that I'm making.

The number of fights isn't what I'm talking about. It's WHO he's expected to fight. He can't fight a guy who moves up to WW and wins a title, but he is expected to fight every champion/contender between 154 and 160, because he won a title at 154. Mayweather vs. Guerrero at 147 (Mayweather's weight class). Guerrero is too small.

Mayweather vs. Canelo/Martinez/Trout (Not Mayweather's weight classes). Mayweather isn't too small.

There's a ton of people on here claiming that they won't even give credit to Floyd for beating Martinez unless it's at 160.

If you don't see the hypocrisy, then I don't know what to tell you.
                      Floyd dont do much so people expect him to make more of a statement and effort to stop people criticising him and believe me it wouldnt be that hard for Floyd to do it.

People want Floyd to do this and that, but rarely does he do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X