Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will People Say About Floyd Mayweather Jr. 25 Years Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most talented guy of his generation by an absolute mile, but someone that lacked the confidence to take on the biggest challenges during their peak and would wait for the "right time" before getting in with them

Comment

people will say: thats the dude who laid out 50 Gs for a set of nude trannies...

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        I've had the chance to see a few top level fighters retire during my years as a fan and it's been interesting to see how reputations have grown in certain cases and diminished in others. What will people say about Floyd in 25 years?
        I believe your assumption is that Floyd doesn't fight Sergio and Manny before he ends his career.

When the hype dies down, I think ppl will still rank him very very high as defensive virtuoso (upper echelon in terms of defensive ATG). However, his resume could be much better and that he avoided some of the fighters to keep his "unbeaten" streak. He avoided bigger fighters (longer reach, heights) due to his styles. Most ppl will say he lost to his first fight with Castillo. But overall, still a solid career. One of the best in this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          The most talented guy of his generation by an absolute mile, but someone that lacked the confidence to take on the biggest challenges during their peak and would wait for the "right time" before getting in with them
          Agree with this.

Comment

atg and excellent fighter but ducked paquiao

Comment

frankly i will remember him as an a**hole , a talented fighter but not atg

Comment

One of the smartest and most versatile fighters to ever fight. He may be the smartest fighter in the ring of all time. He will still rank high p4p but not as high as he could have if he had a few more key fights on his resume, like Kostya and Pac in their primes, both of which he could have beaten easily.

Noobs here that havent followed it long enough dont understand how great fighters are more appreciated after they are gone. Ten years ago everyone was *****ing about lewis, saying he was boring and too cautious. All of that is largely forgotten today and he is considered one of the best heavyweights of all time. It will be the same with floyd, there wont be anyone in his league around for a long time.

Comment

I still feel the majority of people who say he waited till so and so was past it, or he avoided real challanges, are people who didn't start watching boxing till 4-5 years ago at the most.

Comment

i vaguely remember someone of that name, fought ray leonard right?

Comment

He'll most likely be overrated in time due to his skill level.

Comment

Working...
                      X