Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like either fighter but I think Khan will KO Guzman. Maybe Guzman would have been a problem in his prime....but his prime is in the rear view. Khan is very energetic, so when Guzman plays his little taunt games, there will be alot of punches thrown his way. He will have to keep Khan off him with alot of offense(yeah) or alot of defense(possible) but age is creepin. Khan is no slouch and he is young and in his prime...honestly thats all I think he will need...Guzman is not use to either attribute from an opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Not counting the titlists and guys who already have a fight lined up right now, who are the 2? I know Guzman messed up his reputation with not making weight, but he sounds motivated. In terms of rankings, he's the perfect opponent.
      I believe Allakhverdiev or Cano(who are more deserving then Guzman)would have been good choices...Not to say they are better then Guzman,but they are more deserving of a shot...Hell even a rematch with Peterson would have been a good move for Khan imo...

Comment

• This need to be in the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I believe Allakhverdiev or Cano(who are more deserving then Guzman)would have been good choices...Not to say they are better then Guzman,but they are more deserving of a shot...Hell even a rematch with Peterson would have been a good move for Khan imo...
          Cano has a fight against Malignaggi, so he doesn't count. But it doesn't matter anymore cuz Guzman isn't gonna fight Khan after all.

Comment

• Yes, Khan's team realized how risky it would have been to match Khan against Guzmán. I do not blame them. Yet again, I would have loved the fight as a Joan's fan. Joan beating Khan would have mean a lot more to his positioning than, say, fighting Allkhverdiev, who in my opinion is also a harder test for Joan, with less profit. Let's see!

Comment

Working...
            X