No announcement yet.

The parallels between Victor Ortiz and Amir Khan are striking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
    Great post, very true. Both great athletes that seems to be ignorant about their flaws, but maybe that's why so exciting. I support both in their (another) comebacks.
    Yup!

If Khan chose to fight the safe game they'd probably kill him for not being exciting enough. If Khan avoided the tougher opponents and took the easy route like SO MANY do nowadays in Boxing, they'd call him a cherrypicker. But here we have a young, hungry fighter who takes on all corners and gets into wars nearly every time he fights even though that doesn't suit his style but to please the viewers and give them bang for their buck, entertaining fights and they still slaughter him.

Some people are just HATERS. It's in their blood to hate. Their own miserable none exisiting lives make them HATE on other successful people. HATE on you no life losers.

Comment

Good thread. Green K sent. War Khan and War Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
        Both are media creations that have a job living up to their hype. Both are good fighters but were promoted as the next great fighters before they had proved themselves and earned the right to be called great. Angel Garcia was right when he described Khan as a manufactured champion. Boxing needs to get away from this promotion garbage and get back to the last man standing mentality.The only young fighter out there that can cary the superstar tag is Andre Ward and he is ovwrlooked.
        Overlooked because he is incredibly dull and boring. I'd rather watch Khan and Ortiz all day.

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
          I would love to see them fight too.

I can see everyone's favouring Ortiz in a blowout. Clearly the typical NSB mentality is in play, whoever's lost more recently is a bum
          It makes perfect sense. The people running Golden Boy would be idiots to not put them in the ring together at this point, not like they need to protect them so they get big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It makes perfect sense. The people running Golden Boy would be idiots to not put them in the ring together at this point, not like they need to protect them so they get big fights.
            I don't think so somehow. Khan and Ortiz are still salvageable, it would be foolish for one guy to take a third loss in a row - that really would leave their career in the gutter.

I think they'll both be built back up and by late next year Golden Boy may match them up with a couple of wins under their belt and some confidence back.

Comment

good post, they should fight each other

Comment

If we could mesh the two together, they would probably be on top right now.

Comment

very well written and thought of i honestly like khan and ortiz both are exciting i'd love to see them back at the top again and im sure they'll be back problem with todays fans is that if someones record isnt flawless then their rubbish and should retire. gonna try and green k you now.

Comment

Bump for all the fairweather fans, the doubters and the bandwagon jumpers
                    Last edited by ts33; 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Haha you can add to this both didn't leave their trainers on good terms.

Khan made a fool of himself talking about Roach having Parkinsons and Ortiz claims his trainer told him to headbutt Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X