No announcement yet.

Problem going to the gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem going to the gym.

So basically, the gym I want to go to is, as my mom puts it, "In a bad area"

She's said she doesn't me to go down there, then she said she didn't want me down there by myself, and then she said she didn't want me down there after dark. Now, there ARE other gyms I could go to, but for some reason, this is the one that I want to go to. For anyone at all familiar with Cincinnati gyms, the one at the very bottom(Queen City Boxing Club) is the one I wish to go to.

If I don't go to this gym, I would probably go to Mt Auburn PAL or the Millvale PAL.

Now, all 3 of these gyms are about 20 minutes from my house. I'm not really scared of going to the gym in the "bad area" but like I said before, my mom is kind of paranoid.

What should I do? Suck it up and go to a gym where there's not as many black people?(That's basically why my mom doesn't me to go to Queen City Boxing) Or should I keep trying to go to the gym that I want to go to?

Is anyone here familiar with any of these gyms?

go to the black gym, it will toughen you up.

Comment

I agree, a tough gym is better.

Except if it's just a place where a bunch of idots go to hit ****. Then you won't learn anything. But if it's actually a boxing gym, and everyone's there to box, than go for it.

Just don't go to a gym full of wild mother****ers thinking it will make you tough. Maybe it will, but you won't learn a whole lot if all that happens is you get in a ring and get pounded.

Comment

Originally posted by IronNick View Post
        go to the black gym, it will toughen you up.
        I want to, that's what I have my heart set on, but my mom doesn't like the idea.

Also, I don't know what the atmosphere is like down there. I wanted to go down there last week just to check everything out, but like I said, my mom didn't want me to.

I mean obviously if it's just a bad gym, I wouldn't want to go there, but I haven't even had a chance to see what it's like.
        Last edited by David06; 03-18-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post
          I want to, that's what I have my heart set on, but my mom doesn't like the idea.

Also, I don't know what the atmosphere is like down there. I wanted to go down there last week just to check everything out, but like I said, my mom didn't want me to.

I mean obviously if it's just a bad gym, I wouldn't want to go there, but I haven't even had a chance to see what it's like.
          go down there sometime and check it out and u have to man u cant just say i want to go there and no see how its like im sure you can talk your mom into driving u down there for 10 minutes to check it out

Comment

Thing is man, the fact you gotta rely on the mom for this sucks, once u get older and a car lol. **** it, do wat u want. But for now maybe try a new gym. Tougher doesnt ALWAYS mean its better. Gotta open yourself up to many different possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear4228 View Post
              Thing is man, the fact you gotta rely on the mom for this sucks, once u get older and a car lol. **** it, do wat u want. But for now maybe try a new gym. Tougher doesnt ALWAYS mean its better. Gotta open yourself up to many different possibilities.
              I have a car. I'm 17, I can pretty much take care of myself, but I still have to listen to her about some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post
                I have a car. I'm 17, I can pretty much take care of myself, but I still have to listen to her about some ****.
                so i'm assuming she's gonna be the one paying for the **** huh....until you get a job and get your own money i assume you're ****ed...unless you just choose to rebel

Comment

Originally posted by ml2niceguy View Post
                  so i'm assuming she's gonna be the one paying for the **** huh....until you get a job and get your own money i assume you're ****ed...unless you just choose to rebel
                  I have a job. I would be paying for my own boxing.

Comment

Dude maybe you should sit down and have a chat with her even take her there because if u really want to take this sport seriously u need to go there and check it out. It may not be that good but if its better than the others thats where you need to go your mum needs to understand this i what u want

Comment

Working...
                    X