Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters keep saying Cinco de Mayo is reserved for Mexican fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes sense to try to have a big fight involving a Mexican on Cinco De Mayo but we don't wanna hear that as an excuse for Pacquiao-Mayweather not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      sure, because he tapped in to the hip hop community, with the whole "Money May" persona, but Americans as whole don't care about Floyd.

even when my family has bought Mayweather fights... it was to watch him lose

That's great, but you "an American" still bought it. The reason why you did isn't relevant, you still parted with cash. As for the other question you posed, i believe that Floyd would sell a mil with all those fighters you just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
        It makes sense to try to have a big fight involving a Mexican on Cinco De Mayo but we don't wanna hear that as an excuse for Pacquiao-Mayweather not happening.

Mayweather has plenty of Mex fans as does MP. Alot of Mex fight fans begrudgingly respect both fighters and alot of them outright like both fighters. All hardcore fans will buy the PPV, that's a given. So will the 1-1.4 million *****s and so will Manny's 1-1.2 million *******s. Throw in another 500-1m general sports fans who like to watch big sports events no matter the sport and you have a 3.5-4milli PPV. The date doesn't matter at all, even though May 5th is the best date in May. The issue is why does Bob and MP want to fight a week before Mayweather is in county, or June 9th when he's actually in county???? They already expressed a willingness to fight on May 5th when it wasn't Floyd, they've fought on May 5th before and if this silly stadium argument was real why no stadium for Manny vs JMM??????

If Floyd vs Manny fight on May 5th, GBP can provide either Guerrero or Canelo on the undercard or both, and TR can do whatever it usually does. Bob is just ****ting a brick because he would make more if he controlled every fighter in the promotion like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by billvp
          how'd that work out for ya?
          wtf? I'm a fan of floyd stop assuming shit

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          That's great, but you "an American" still bought it. The reason why you did isn't relevant, you still parted with cash. As for the other question you posed, i believe that Floyd would sell a mil with all those fighters you just mentioned.

no it IS relevant, the poster I was replying to said maybe Floyd should fight
          on an American holiday for the enjoyment of American fans
          What I'm saying is it doesn't matter because a lot of the people that watch him fight... watch him hoping he loses. How isn't that relevant?

and he wouldn't sell 1 Million with Bradley......

Comment

Mayweather has plenty of Mex fans as does MP. Alot of Mex fight fans begrudgingly respect both fighters and alot of them outright like both fighters. All hardcore fans will buy the PPV, that's a given. So will the 1-1.4 million *****s and so will Manny's 1-1.2 million *******s. Throw in another 500-1m general sports fans who like to watch big sports events no matter the sport and you have a 3.5-4milli PPV. The date doesn't matter at all, even though May 5th is the best date in May. The issue is why does Bob and MP want to fight a week before Mayweather is in county, or June 9th when he's actually in county???? They already expressed a willingness to fight on May 5th when it wasn't Floyd, they've fought on May 5th before and if this silly stadium argument was real why no stadium for Manny vs JMM??????

If Floyd vs Manny fight on May 5th, GBP can provide either Guerrero or Canelo on the undercard or both, and TR can do whatever it usually does. Bob is just ****ting a brick because he would make more if he controlled every fighter in the promotion like usual.

..............you really think all the buys Floyd gets are solely his fans not his opponents and you really think the people that buy it solely because Floyd are all his fans?

thats cool

Comment

Because nationalism is not exclusive to the United States of America.

Next stupid, rhetorical question.

Comment

..............you really think all the buys Floyd gets are solely his fans not his opponents and you really think the people that buy it solely because Floyd are all his fans?

thats cool

Yes that's exactly what i think, and frankly all evidence points to exactly this. Where PPV buys originate from, Floyd's standing in the sport and also the fact that his fights generate more revenue than anyone else. He's boxing's top biller by number of PPV fights. There isn't > 1 million ppl buying to watch him lose or to watch the opponent fight him, otherwise they would be a the A side. The very idea is fanciful. I also think that anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, or just stupid. The man has over 2 million people who follow him on twitter, who actually take the time to follow him and write crap on there.

Comment

Yes that's exactly what i think, and frankly all evidence points to exactly this. Where PPV buys originate from, Floyd's standing in the sport and also the fact that his fights generate more revenue than anyone else. He's boxing's top biller by number of PPV fights. There isn't > 1 million ppl buying to watch him lose or to watch the opponent fight him, otherwise they would be a the A side. The very idea is fanciful. I also think that anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, or just stupid. The man has over 2 million people who follow him on twitter, who actually take the time to follow him and write crap on there.

When was the last time one of his opponents wasn't Mexican, and didn't have their own fan base? and how many PPVs did he sell then?

we saw how many Pacquiao sold when he fought Clottey

Comment

its not reserved but it is good to have obviously since they get a lot of paying mexicans. but i see this is another spin off from pac/pbf. sigh.

Comment

When was the last time one of his opponents wasn't Mexican, and didn't have their own fan base? and how many PPVs did he sell then?

we saw how many Pacquiao sold when he fought Clottey

Yeah, Ortiz has a massive fan base?? Mayweather secures the biggest purse guarantees since ODLH and Tyson. Why aren't the opponents who in your view are actually selling his fights getting that kind of bread? Instead they happily settle for the crumbs Mayweather knocks off the table. Marketable opponents help, but as of today Mayweather will sell 1 million PPV or more with almost any viable opponent. If you think Ortiz contributed more than 50K buys in the last PPV you are tapped........

Comment

Working...
                      X