Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where does wilders punchpower come from and why..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steroids, because “he’s with the same team that got Mayweather to where he’s at now.”

Comment

Damn, great replies folks thanks alot I have a much better understanding now.

Comment

I’ve always wondered where this sort of thing comes from, the same way I’ve wondered why some major league pitchers can throw much harder than others. It’s not a size thing, although it helps. I’ve come to the belief that some people just have natural mechanics that cannot be taught. Of course, this is an oversimplification — there are a lot of other factors involved — but I do believe this is where it begins. Mike Tyson was once asked where punching power comes from. His reply was what he got from Cus D’Amato, “It’s a gift. You either have it or you don’t.” Seems to be in line with my own observations. It’s hard to pin down; because in the end, it’s an inborn ability. You can teach someone to punch harder, but you can’t teach eye-popping power, which is what Wilder has.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I’ve always wondered where this sort of thing comes from, the same way I’ve wondered why some major league pitchers can throw much harder than others. It’s not a size thing, although it helps. I’ve come to the belief that some people just have natural mechanics that cannot be taught. Of course, this is an oversimplification — there are a lot of other factors involved — but I do believe this is where it begins. Mike Tyson was once asked where punching power comes from. His reply was what he got from Cus D’Amato, “It’s a gift. You either have it or you don’t.” Seems to be in line with my own observations. It’s hard to pin down; because in the end, it’s an inborn ability. You can teach someone to punch harder, but you can’t teach eye-popping power, which is what Wilder has.
          Very good post as always

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Very good post as always
            Thanks, brother.

Comment

He doesn't really have that much power. Look at his most recent knockouts. The guys were either totally out of shape and had no business being in the ring with any professional, or the ref stopped the fight too early. I haven't seen any "devastating" KO"s by Wilder. He knocked Fury down, and Fury got up and won the fight.

Comment

Reflexes, fast twitch muscles and training .

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                  Reflexes, fast twitch muscles and training .
                  fast twitch, that's racist!

Comment

I tend to agree with Teddy Atlas Philosophy as far as "Punchers Are Born NOT MADE"

You don't "BECOME A PUNCHER" at least not Naturally...hell even with PED's you don't all of a sudden develop one punch KO Power. However, you can teach a Punch more Technique and Boxing Skills!

Wilder just have to LISTEN to Mark Breeland and be patient with his damn Jab and go to the body more. He loves knockouts so much that when he see his opponent is hurt he gets very WILD. Did it vs Breazeale and he got caught by Breazeale which buzzed him a bit. What he did which was improvement is that he stepped back and reset...then the knockout came easy after that. He also set up the big KO by at least Shooting The Jab in which Breazeale thought he was countering that Jab with his Left Hand, he did not expect Wilder to shoot that Right Hand so fast like that and them...BOOM!

Not a fan of his Technique at all...However that Right Hand is NO JOKE like him or not you cannot take that from him despite trolls posting their ignorance with "He Doesn't Hit That Hard..."

Also CORE STRENGTH is something that doesn't get talked about often in boxing but Wilder, while he has Skinny Legs he has a Long, Broad and Powerfully Built Torso. Power comes for Core Strength too...
                    Last edited by sicko; 06-22-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Nervous System strength, Tendon Strength, Bone Density, muscle fibers

His Mindset. He is constantly talking about his own power, he idolizes his own punching power above everything else. Last fighter I saw do this was David Haye, and it effected his opponents and gave him great self belief. His body was already breaking down vs Derek Chisora, but it was his power which suddenly ended that fight.
                      I love reading stuff like this. Its very possible that his belief in his own power manifests a stronger punch.....deep stuff to think about

Comment

Working...
                      X