Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Blame Fury, Top Rank on Point For Schwarz Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Blame Fury, Top Rank on Point For Schwarz Fight

Eddie Hearn, promoter of IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has rejected suggestions that Tom Schwarz was every mentioned as a potential opponent for the unified champ - at least in the last few years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn is right that it doesn't look great. But Arum and Warren are doing what they need to do to get Tyson in position for a title. Schwarz was in the way in the ratings. Easiest way to make sure Schwarz gets beat is to just fight him.

Comment

That picture is quality

Arum the old toad ...... master marinator

Comment

Schwarz v Miller would be a decent fight!

Comment

The only problem is Usyk is the automatic WBO mandatory moving up so even getting Tyson to No1 in the WBO he would not be in line for well over a year and closer to 2021 so honestly the fight makes no sense at all. Ortiz would have far better choice but if he faced Whyte after this that would be a good move and put him in a great position if we won. That is unless he faces AJ or Wilder after this gimmie.

Comment

such an uninspiring fight

Comment

Lol, Hearn's such a bastard. 'maybe in his 6th fight or a debut or something'. Pretty funny.

Real question in this fight is.. how much did Fury let himself go? Think he's gonna be as tubby as when he fought that CW in the 1st fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Hearn is right that it doesn't look great. But Arum and Warren are doing what they need to do to get Tyson in position for a title. Schwarz was in the way in the ratings. Easiest way to make sure Schwarz gets beat is to just fight him.
                I’m very interested to see how this all plays out. Everyone knows the relationship both arum and warren have with the wbo but their rules state if a super champion moves up a division he’s immediately installed as the mandatory which is obviously what Usyk plans on doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  I’m very interested to see how this all plays out. Everyone knows the relationship both arum and warren have with the wbo but their rules state if a super champion moves up a division he’s immediately installed as the mandatory which is obviously what Usyk plans on doing.
                  They plan on forcing the mando fight late 2020-2021 depending on when Usyk fights aj, nothing they can do to jump over Usyk getting first crack at aj unless he takes step aside money if he wants another tuneup after Takam to make sure he rdy for big guys at hw

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    They plan on forcing the mando fight late 2020-2021 depending on when Usyk fights aj, nothing they can do to jump over Usyk getting first crack at aj unless he takes step aside money if he wants another tuneup after Takam to make sure he rdy for big guys at hw
                    I mean that would be logical but I wouldn’t be shocked if arum and warren had something up their sleeve. Maybe a regular or interim title for fury whilst he’s waiting.

Comment

Working...
                    X