Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best punch and continue the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    I don't think anyone takes out Holy with a single shot
    This!

In terms of who could take his power, my money would be on Oliver McCall.

Comment

If Wilder landed his best punch he would KO Holyfield. Toney stopped him and Bowe stopped him and Wilder hits much harder than they did. Wilder is capable of KOing any fighter past or present. His straight right is the hardest punch I have ever seen and he is hitting harder now than ever before.

Comment

No, the 90s division never saw a puncher as hard as Wilder, Lewis is arguably the hardest hitter in that era and he didn't even hit as hard as Wlad. In fact boxing has never seen a puncher like Wilder.

Comment

Yes. There's a plethora of boxers, in history, who would be able to take Wilder's best punch and keep fighting.

Douglas, Ruddock, Holyfield, Tyson, Klitschko 1, Klitschko 2, Lennox, Ali, Foreman.

These newer HWs aren't up to it but the actual greats (douglas was no great but he's a good sponge). They can take a punch and keep it moving.

Wilder has those windmill shots but they can take at the very least one of those and keep it pushing.

I think we must also take into consideration the fact that none of these guys Wilder knocks out, even fight him. It's easy hitting a punching bag. it's harder when you throw a shot and then get hit with a shot equally hard.

I realize this is too much rationale for NSB but reality is reality.

Comment

Holyfield might beat the count but Wilder would finish him when he got up and the fight continued. I thought the punch he hit Breazeale with was harder than the punch he dropped Fury with.

Comment

One simply doesn't take out Holyfield with one punch.

Holyfield has been in the ring with Bowe, Lewis, Tyson, Foreman, Moore, and Holmes, those are all time greats and none of them were able to drop or finish Holyfield with one punch.

Could Wilder drop Holyfield? Yeah, he could, but knock him out with one blow? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                No, the 90s division never saw a puncher as hard as Wilder, Lewis is arguably the hardest hitter in that era and he didn't even hit as hard as Wlad. In fact boxing has never seen a puncher like Wilder.
                I have seen all the heavyweight punchers since Liston fight many times and I think the Wilder straight right is the hardest fastest punch of them all and he is throwing it harder than ever. The punch he ended the fight with last night was a lightning bolt and harder than the right he landed on Fury. His weight of 225 gives him a bit more power than his too light weight of 209. I have changed my pick and now think Wilder will KO AJ if they fight. Wilder has improved a lot since he fought Molina and would get those mediocre guys out in a round or two now. He seems to be peaking at a late age of 33.

Comment

Vitali, Tua, McCall and quite a few other heavyweights had a better chin than the PED Master Evan Fields.

Wilder is putting to sleep c and b level fighters.

His power failed against a fighter who was dropped by a cruiserweight.

Wilder has never faced anyone with a certified chin

Comment

Originally posted by FreebirdSlick View Post
                    depend on who had the better roids for they camp. evan fields be gettn dem old 90s roids but beyonce is on some serious new designer stuff
                    Less testing meant Evan could take everything he wanted.

Deontay is probably on something not as raw but smarter and less side effects, but can't go overboard because of the testers.

Almost a stone of pure muscle in 6 months, while doing mostly cardio work?

That ain't natural.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Vitali, Tua, McCall and quite a few other heavyweights had a better chin than the PED Master Evan Fields.

Wilder is putting to sleep c and b level fighters.

His power failed against a fighter who was dropped by a cruiserweight.

Wilder has never faced anyone with a certified chin
                      Vitali-Rocked badly by Sanders in the 1st round

Tua, McCall, who did they ever fight that hit anywhere near as hard as Wilder?

Comment

Working...
                      X