No announcement yet.

Wjy is Amir Khan even news worthy anymore,do people realize

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    this is what happens when good people have the belts. guys like floyd, pac, thurman, and spence have held the belts for the last 5 years or so thus preventing any cherry pickers from adding to their cherry collection. if khan had stayed at 140 he could have added to his belt collection against guys like lipinets who never beat anyone. maybe now you can see that simply saying so and so won a lot of belts doesnt really tell you much. you actually have to see who has the belts and if they are good. i know its more work. im sorry.
    Yup, guys like Broner and Guerrero brag that they're 4 division "champs" after picking up trinkets with their weak resumes.

Comment

I will give Khan credit for making himself relevant. It's funny how he'll make a comment about how he could easily beat any top contender and you seriously have to wonder if he's delusional or does he really think he could pull it off. There are enough people that actually think he could pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        or just ko him in the first 10 seconds like prescott. more fighters should just do that

And that is still fun LOL

Comment

Goddamn. I get so annoyed defending Khan because he’s an idiot.

BUT

Look at the names he has beaten.

Maidana. Alexander. Collazo. Kotelnik. Salita. Malinaggi. Zab Judah.
          Crap, he beat an aged Barrera. Barrera must have thought he could win otherwise he wouldn’t have fought.

It’s not recent but seriously, how can you guys dismiss this record? It’s great to watch him lose but you cannot dismiss his wins.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
            Goddamn. I get so annoyed defending Khan because he’s an idiot.

BUT

Look at the names he has beaten.

Maidana. Alexander. Collazo. Kotelnik. Salita. Malinaggi. Zab Judah.
            Crap, he beat an aged Barrera. Barrera must have thought he could win otherwise he wouldn’t have fought.

It’s not recent but seriously, how can you guys dismiss this record? It’s great to watch him lose but you cannot dismiss his wins.
            or he likes money

Comment

I don't know. He never beat a top welterweight in his career. He and Brook and Fury are all being awful cherry pickers. Khan is a 36 to 1 betting favorite to win his next fight as is Fury. Khan likes those guys Spence already knocked out. Khan is looking for the easiest safest way to get a big money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                He hasnt won a won a world title fight since 2011?? And have held a world title since 2012?? Why is this guy even relevant?
                I get why he’s still relevant. As much as I hate his delusional a z s, some fights against him are still interesting to see, as long as he actually genuinely wants to make those fights, not just run his mouth around. I want to see Khan-Brook no matter how irrelevant it is now. Old Pacquiao-Khan. Broner-Khan. Mikey-Khan.

I’m sure he’d lose to more than half of those fights but well, were boxing fans. We want to see good fights.

What I don’t get though is why they still regard Khan highly. Like he’s some kind of a master boxer or something lol
                We hear things like he’s gonna beat floyd, he’s the best boxer if he has a chin like wtf
                Khan even struggled against algieri, a guy oldie pac beat from pillar to post.
                Khan’s IQ is low, what got him far was his natural physical abilities like his speed height and range.
                But does he utilize them to the highest level? No.

It would have been a whole lot better as well if he doesn’t talk some cringeworthy stuffs.

Comment

As much as I loathe him, he's done a fantastic job keeping his name out there.

Comment

I wish he would fight somebody...his last legit opponent knocked his ass out

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      Let's face it, he's one of the most ducked fighters of all time, and was publicly ducked by Floyd (although Floyd also ducked Paul Williams, Margarito and Pacquiao until he got KOd by Marquez). If all those guys who ducked Khan had fought him, and had he won, he'd now be recognized as an ATG. Imagine having Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez and Bradley on your record as wins! And Khan had the ability to potentially beat them all which is why they all ducked him. He practically retired Mayweather without even getting in the ring with the guy! lol
                      He would have beaten 1, maaaaybe 2 of those guys at best, so it's not saying much.

Comment

Working...
                      X