No announcement yet.

Claressa Shields | Ivana Habazin Called Me A Thug Might As Well Call Me A N*gg*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Wow really guys? So just because her brother's an idiot that makes her a thug? Just because she's a Flint-strong confident woman that makes her a thug?

Does this person look like a thug to you???

You people need to get your head out of your asses. Hey W1LL is this one of your alts?
    She looks good to me.

Comment

My gosh Shields is ugly. Classless? Yes. I don't think she's a thug though

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think the way she talks, thats seen as unladylike by most, gives her most of her bad attention from fans. Her initial remarks about the sucker punch situation didnt do her any favors although I thought her later remarks did her more justice, but idk that as many saw those as the initial remarks when the damage was done already.

She definitely has a thug mentally & is just sorta an ass hole to be blunt. And Im a Michigan cat whos been a fan of her since day 1. That whole crew of Flint mfers, minus Dre & Leon III, have sh^t head vibes doe lets be f#cking real man. Anthony has been a f#ckhead since I seen him throw down his 2nd in the MI golden gloves trophy back in the day. Claressa says ass hole sh^t on the reg. And Leon II is sucker punching mfers.

Like that mfer here said doe wtf you thinking mfers gonna be like when they drinking lead water doe. Flint is r3tard city. And Im again Im a Michigan cat saying this so not biased, but Flint is a f#cked area so less than stellar cats are gonna be the ones coming outta that city.
        A couple of points -

1. Don't stereotype her. She doesn't have a criminal record (which is an achievement where she's from), she's an olympian who has a few baddies in her family. She's not a baddie, though. If she thought like a thug, she would have the real fruit of the thug life.

2. Habazin isn't "ladylike," either. They are both fighters dude...not hostesses

I agree about the language and the rough around the edges persona, but that is a product of her upbringing and culture and how she learned to express herself. Consider how Hopkins transformed himself.

With time and exposure, you will see her change in how she expresses herself. Muhammad Ali was one of the most offensive and disrespectful blowhards around, but that was just a persona. His real character was shown by what he did in and out of the ring...not by how he talked and who he associated with (Nation of Islam). Give her the benefit of the doubt. I hope Habazin is just trying to sell the fight and doesn't believe that nonsense. If a foreigner were to come and talk about a two time olympian like that in Canada or Jamaica, their visa would be revoked...:-)
        Last edited by megh50; 11-16-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
          she works for her money, obviously pays her taxes and has no criminal history..is that not a FINE UPSTANDING CITIZEN?
          She calls herself a 'gangsta' dude...why is she or anyone else offended when someone else calls her a thug...if you google gangsta, it literally says: a gang member.

"I'm showing there's more to life than being a gangsta and a thug"

That is the descriptive sentence about it.

Comment

Wow really? That comment there is just as ignorant. Not all whites are Trump supporters you need to stop generalizing.
            Wow...trying to say that whites that are Trump supporters are racists...nice try there buddy...talk about an ignorant comment...look in the mirror Santa Clown
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              You can call her brother a thug all you want. That doesn't make Shields a thug, though.
              so if I hang out with 10 KKK guys according to your logic I would not think like them . I would be the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                I stopped talking race with white folks when I realized I’ve never met a white person in my life that wasn’t racist.
                If a white person ever criticizes a black person = huge racist

If a black person is ever legit racist to a white person = well they can't be racist, they don't have privilege...lol what a joke dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                  Shields should just fight a Man already.
                  Shields over Larry via brutal KO.

Comment

Oh yeah the "thug" Shields that loves to wear Sunday dresses. Get a grip people.

she looks like a god damn man

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      If a white person ever criticizes a black person = huge racist

If a black person is ever legit racist to a white person = well they can't be racist, they don't have privilege...lol what a joke dude.
                      You guys are both ignorant

Comment

Working...
                      X