Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Not Thinking About Wilder Right Now, Concentrating on WWE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    None of you whiners had a problem with Mayweather "retiring" in 2007 and taking off all of 2008 so he could duck prime opponents and dabble in some big money deals with WWE. Now you're crying about Fury, who isn't even a real champion postponing a rematch so he can cash in on that WWE cash?
    This would be the second time he has ducked a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
      This would be the second time he has ducked a rematch.
      Lets face it, he is way more marketable. Wilder needs him more than he needs Wilder. That's what this is about, Wilder fans being salty because they know who the A-side really is, otherwise Wilder wouldn't be crying. Like I said, Floyd ducked many so he could "retire" and make his WWE millions. All of his fans called that smart.

Comment

whatever sells. but its a different audience in WWE now and they barely know who Fury is.

also the fact he's a stiff in the ring wont help as fans arent impressed as easily nowadays.

he may be getting a check but i dont see a long term future for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Lets face it, he is way more marketable. Wilder needs him more than he needs Wilder. That's what this is about, Wilder fans being salty because they know who the A-side really is, otherwise Wilder wouldn't be crying. Like I said, Floyd ducked many so he could "retire" and make his WWE millions. All of his fans called that smart.
          He is so marketable that no one watches his fights or comes to the shows?

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
            Fury doesn't want the rematch. The knockdowns in the first fight made him reevaluate life. He is already trying to find an exit strategy like he did with Wlad.
            I think thats true as well. Going 12 with a complete bum in his last fight hasnt helped that either.

Comment

Strowman said he would give Fury his first loss. Knocked AJ styles clean out with that big right hand. Fury has to focus with everything to beat this guy.

Comment

I think this really shows how necessary it is for Fury to stay busy and active as he has alluded to before. Makes you worry about how fragile his state of mind is now and more importantly, when the day comes that he isn't boxing or wrestling any more. While I would normally think this WWE thing is rediculous for anyone serious about being a boxing champion, I feel like this is something he probably actually needs to do to stay mentally healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                  People argue that the Klitchko era was the worst. I would argue that boxing today is the worst it has ever been. If wlad and vitali were fighting this crop of guys, they would steam roll. In fact, they would have to fight each other because there would be nobody left.
                  Dude, 100%. Prime Wlad or Vitali would crush these poor guys.

The media seriously need to stop over hyping these guys.

Comment

Fury is a fraud

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      He is so marketable that no one watches his fights or comes to the shows?
                      No one watches? That's why WWE invited him to be a part of their main events? At least he is coming across the pond to fight, can't say the same for Wilder. What kind of attendance and purses was Wilder earning for his 30th fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X