Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot and Cold showers for muscle recovery??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot and Cold showers for muscle recovery??

hi, just wanted to know ur thoughts on this, have read alot about it on the net and stuff... meant to be good for after workouts,training, etc... u alternate between hot water and cold water every 30 seconds...its supposed to help with muscle recovery and less muscle pain next day also with ligament damage and muscle repair... any1 do this, try this??? does it work, it sounds kind of dangerous, can u catch a cold or something??? because cold water feels fuuuucked when ur in the shower....

It makes your tissues expand (hot water) and contract (cold water) so it helps flush lactic acid out of your muscles.

I've never done it but I have done an ice bath and it made me feel alot better the next day after my fight than I usually would.

Comment

Do not do these if you or anyone in your family have a history of heart problems. The hot and cold showers really mess your heartbeat, give pulpitations.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Do not do these if you or anyone in your family have a history of heart problems. The hot and cold showers really mess your heartbeat, give pulpitations.
        i think cold showers are more dangerous if u have this heart problem because the nerves goin to the heart respond through contractions.

Comment

General consensus is you cannot catch a cold unless the cold virus is present, however, i used to have contrast showers all the time and while I would feel great after it i found my self getting sick a lot more often that usual

Comment

Yes it helps heaps, I do it after every work out, all that you have to remember is to start and finish on cold water.

You will find you will be a lot fresher the next day, not much lactic acid in the muscles, it works for me any way, compared to just having hot showers.

Doing a lot of streches helps heaps too.

Comment

I used to ache badly after a gym session but recently switched gyms with a sauna and steam room it's really helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                General consensus is you cannot catch a cold unless the cold virus is present, however, i used to have contrast showers all the time and while I would feel great after it i found my self getting sick a lot more often that usual
                cold showers will actually help you from NOT getting a cold

so that's weird

Comment

Doesn't Mayweather get in the hot tub after almost every workout he has? I remember reading through his routine, he says train then 'hot tub'. Luckily my parents have one so I always get in there 1-2 a week, even after workouts sometimes, and it really does help make your muscles feel more relaxed and less strain the next day

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                    hi, just wanted to know ur thoughts on this, have read alot about it on the net and stuff... meant to be good for after workouts,training, etc... u alternate between hot water and cold water every 30 seconds...its supposed to help with muscle recovery and less muscle pain next day also with ligament damage and muscle repair... any1 do this, try this??? does it work, it sounds kind of dangerous, can u catch a cold or something??? because cold water feels fuuuucked when ur in the shower....
                    water has nothing in it to help anything heal,a shower is an alternative of a bath,there are no secret remedies,

Comment

Working...
                    X