Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Rounds of Sparring do you do in a Session ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
    The amount of sparring you do should be dependant on what stage you are in your career. If you are at the novice stage you should be concentrating on ring drills. Novices who do lots of sparring usually just repeat their mistakes.
    I agree 100%, for once!

Comment

i do anythig from 3 to 6 rounds and theyre 3 minute rounds with 30 second rest.

Comment

9 rounds, at 2 minutes per round...I am not in best shape yet though...

Comment

My trainer has been known to make us spar lots of rounds in a single session...Once while I was preparing for an amatuer tournament, he had me spar 13 rounds in one session. Did a round robin and he kept changing my opponent. Some rounds were hard sparring, some were light, some where average.

But looking back, I think that was too much...for a novice amateur fight, I shouldnt have needed more than 6, 7 rounds of sparring. But it all depends on your trainer, your gym and even your location (I've noticed that some gyms in different cities have totally different ideas of sparring). Out here alot of times sparring is even tougher than the real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Diggs View Post
            Out here alot of times sparring is even tougher than the real fight.
            Yup, some of the best fights have been in the gym wars..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Diggs View Post
              My trainer has been known to make us spar lots of rounds in a single session...Once while I was preparing for an amatuer tournament, he had me spar 13 rounds in one session. Did a round robin and he kept changing my opponent. Some rounds were hard sparring, some were light, some where average.

But looking back, I think that was too much...for a novice amateur fight, I shouldnt have needed more than 6, 7 rounds of sparring. But it all depends on your trainer, your gym and even your location (I've noticed that some gyms in different cities have totally different ideas of sparring). Out here alot of times sparring is even tougher than the real fight.
              Any training outside of sparring is suplemental. Sparring is what learining how to box is about. It's the one exersize I could not omit. Your trainer in my book had the right aproach. If I could spend the day doing one exersize it would be sparring.

Comment

Working...
              X