No announcement yet.

howard eastman vs jermain taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howard eastman vs jermain taylor

according to the sun newspaper eastman has won the purse bids for the right to have a title eliminator with taylor.

ok i know a lot about eastman and seen quiter a few of his fights but ive never seen taylor before so can ya fill me in oon his style, ability and record..oh and your pick for the fight.

eastman aint bveen too impressive of late but if this is his last chance of getting a genuine title shot then i doubt hell give anything less than his best

abd sorry if this has been covered..i couldnt see a an eastman-taylor topic

check out the thread trinidad fights another welterweight.
    some people are saying that taylor is fighting will joppy in dec,but i also heard that the purse bids had been won for taylor/eastman.
    Last edited by AJ53; 10-08-2004, 10:31 AM. Reason: mistake in typing

Comment

yeah ive posted on a few topics that indirectly talk about this matchup thanks...

Comment

I havent seen enough of Taylor to know if its a good match up. Eastmans good enough for Hopkins to avoid him, but i think that was more to do with the fact Eastmans a no win situation! If Nard whipped Eastman who would care and imagine if he lost!!

Eastman is strong fighter with limited talents, he's good but nothing special!!

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
          I havent seen enough of Taylor to know if its a good match up. Eastmans good enough for Hopkins to avoid him, but i think that was more to do with the fact Eastmans a no win situation! If Nard whipped Eastman who would care and imagine if he lost!!

Eastman is strong fighter with limited talents, he's good but nothing special!!
          all good points there..
          if eastman had desposed of joppy then maybe hed of generated enough hype to get a shot.now it just looks like hes shot lol

Comment

I think Taylor's camp has opted to fight Joppy instead. Good move stylistically for Jermain, Eastman has the ability to stink up the joint and win it on points while he's at it

Comment

Originally posted by sena
              I think Taylor's camp has opted to fight Joppy instead. Good move stylistically for Jermain, Eastman has the ability to stink up the joint and win it on points while he's at it
              ok so which is the latest..joppy or eastman...seeing as eastman won the purse bids i presumed it was a go ahead

Comment

yeah was aplatry figure though 280 odd K. aint no way Jermaine is gonna come over here for peanuts guys, this seemd to be a bid for bid's sake by team hennessey.

Comment

The fight will happen next year with Eastman going over to the states. Lou Di Bella will buy the right to stage the show from Mick Hennessey and put it on in the states. Eastman will lose a uniamous decision as Taylor has a pretty good jab. Taylor will stop Joppy inside five rounds who is finished.

Comment

2004-12-04 - Taylor-Joppy
                    http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=031056

Comment

Working...
                    X