No announcement yet.

Let me clear a few things up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Nop. Canelo is not the lineal champ. He has the RING belt which means nothing. Trout was not ranked over Mayweather at 154. There was no universal rank 2 in the division so a lineage couldn't or shouldn't be started. Mayweather-Canelo would start a lineage. Don't confuse the RING belt with Lineal champ - lineal champions have meaning still.

'Universally' is a strong term considering the Canelo-Trout fight and the huge clear split in who ppl thought won there.

There's no need to be pedantic.

I think most people would agree that Canelo is the Lineal Champ or the best in the division despite how close the Trout fight was.

Comment

I don't think I would watch Canelo fight at 147. They must fight at 154 or there's no fight to make. I think it will happen though. We just have to be patient during negotiations. Remember talks are in their infant stages.

Comment

It is a legit fight but its obvious to anybody that Mayweathers best weight is not 154, he fought there before but he didn't look his best when he did. If Alvarez was a 147 lb fighter people wouldn't give him much of a chance to beat Mayweather, its the size advantage on fight night they want to see. Im not saying Alvarez should go to 147 either, that would be stupid, I just mean if he was the same fighter he is now fighting at 147 instead of 154.

Comment

i dont like this fight to begin with but ur analysis is spot on man

Comment

I have a feeling if the 147 demand is true then its just a way of getting Canelo to agree to other terms such as money, ring size, etc...
            Floyd's people know this fight will not be accepted at 147, they are just looking to see all they can get from the B side.
            Its not a legitimate demand, but a legitimate negotiation tactic. Hopefully we get the fight...

Comment

This is just posturing on Floyds side. Its all part of negotiations. There will be give and take on both sides. When its all said and done weight wont be an issue. Floyd did the same thing with Manny back in 09. He asked for 154 with 10 oz gloves but they ended up working out 147 with 8 oz gloves. No need to be concerned yet. If the fight takes place it will be at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                This is just posturing on Floyds side. Its all part of negotiations. There will be give and take on both sides. When its all said and done weight wont be an issue. Floyd did the same thing with Manny back in 09. He asked for 154 with 10 oz gloves but they ended up working out 147 with 8 oz gloves. No need to be concerned yet. If the fight takes place it will be at 154.
                but that fight didn't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  And to further add to #7. he should be stripped of the 154 strap if he has no intentions of defending it.
                  He didn't defend his WBC belt in about a year and a half. Point is, belts stay where the money is.

Comment

I have a question. If Floyd doesn't want to fight at 154 anymore and his last 5 fights are at 147 will u still consider him a duck?

Comment

I agree somewhat. I think Floyd's got the right to fight whoever he wants. He's at that stage in his career. If Canelo's really too big, just don't make the fight, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X