Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO's New Show "Under The Lights" With Max Kellarman, Timothy Bradley, Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's New Show "Under The Lights" With Max Kellarman, Timothy Bradley, Virgil Hunter

This is an absolutely fantastic new show on HBO Sports Channel called "Under The Lights."

Here they break down the Pacquiao - Algieri fight.

wow do these guys have some good knowledge. This an excellent show that has the potential to create hardcore boxing fans because it talks about some serious strategy and in-ring subtleties.

Bravo HBO! (sounds like a good slogan doesnt it?)

Really enjoyed it. I was actually gonna start a topic asking how do you think Timothy Bradley would do being trained by Viril Hunter? I couldn't help thinking while watching this that they would make a great team.

What's people's opinion on this? Could Bradley benefit from a change? Virgil Hunter?

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
      Really enjoyed it. I was actually gonna start a topic asking how do you think Timothy Bradley would do being trained by Viril Hunter? I couldn't help thinking while watching this that they would make a great team.

What's people's opinion on this? Could Bradley benefit from a change? Virgil Hunter?
      Its funny, the whole time watching it, I couldnt help but think that Bradley is really soaking up Virgil's knowledge that is obviously evident. As far as the meshing, stylewise, they dont make a good match in my opinion. Bradley does have skills, but Bradley is empowered when he has a guy like Joel Diaz's attitude and pretty good repertoire.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
        Its funny, the whole time watching it, I couldnt help but think that Bradley is really soaking up Virgil's knowledge that is obviously evident. As far as the meshing, stylewise, they dont make a good match in my opinion. Bradley does have skills, but Bradley is empowered when he has a guy like Joel Diaz's attitude and pretty good repertoire.
        You may be right. It was definitely great seeing those two break the fight down, I liked it when they stood up and Virgil was demonstrating how Algieri should use the left hand. Very cool.

Also I like Bradley he's a good dude. Very down to earth and honest, I'd like to see him in some big fights again soon.

Comment

Yes, I liked it too. I like that they had both a trainer and former opponent ... gives different perspectives/analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
            You may be right. It was definitely great seeing those two break the fight down, I liked it when they stood up and Virgil was demonstrating how Algieri should use the left hand. Very cool.

Also I like Bradley he's a good dude. Very down to earth and honest, I'd like to see him in some big fights again soon.
            i like bradley too. The point he made about standing in front of pacquiao with the leg pointing at him was something I was thinking about beforehand, and Marquez has that style for sure.

This is great stuff man, and hopefully it helps people analyze and hypothesize the tools these scholars have and how they measure up in the sweet science.

EDIT: A Floyd - Manny analysis would be great.

Comment

I'm glad HBO is doing another boxing show on their network because the fight game flat out sucks.

Comment

Wow best show hands down on HBO! Loved it, love the break down, you can tell Virgil was tentative of giving his gameplan away, he studied Pacquiao probably as a possible foe for Amir Khan lol.

They must do one of these for every fight on hbo! love the strategy, first hand knowledge and break down of each fighter style and how to win.

Comment

That was really cool. I hope they keep making more of these.

Comment

Pointless fight = pointless show...

$59.95 PPV

I really couldn't give 2 shts about opinions on how Pacquiao will fight shtbox opponents like Rios & Algieri.

Pacquiao is exacly the same fighter he's been throughout his career but hasn't got the stamina he used to have to continue a barrage attack. Bradley saying Pacquiao fights smarter after his Marquez loss...B*llsht Pacquiao beat Bradley the same in the second fight precisely in the same fashion as he did in the first fight...but Bradley didn't roll his ankles desperately trying to evade him.

The show would be good...if the fights bieng discussed were good...

Virgil should have put a potato sack over Bradleys head then ran out of the joint with him to save him wasting his career under Arum.
                    Last edited by miniq; 11-16-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X