Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i vote for france before the tournament but i do hope croatia win it. it will be a better story.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
      Pretty sure nobody on England's squad can hold a pubic hair to Rakitic, let alone Modric.
      Croatia were simply the more talented squad and it showed.

England has a lot of "supposed" world-class players; simply untrue.

I'd love to know about these "world class players" Because literally every England fan before the tournament was saying "Kane is the only top player we have" "everyone else is very average"

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        I think with this squad, we did a great job getting 4th.

I never believe we would win the World Cup even when we beat Sweden and got Croatia next round.

Every team in my life time at least that has won it, has had something special. This team didn't. France has SO much quality. Theres no one around doing what Mbappe has done. They have a lot of depth.

England has players that play for some of the biggest teams in the World. Can Croatia say that? This is why the media expects them to play better and do well usually.
        Yes, Croatia can absolutely say that. The talent on the Croatian team was superior to England's and it showed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Everyone hates greatness and it doesn't get much greater than Great Britain that's a fact

Lots of jealous people from "sh it hole" countries
          Get a grip, nobody is jealous of the UK. You sound like a scorned female
          Last edited by Mushashi; 07-15-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post

England has players that play for some of the biggest teams in the World. Can Croatia say that? This is why the media expects them to play better and do well usually.
            Yeah Croatia has players that play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, can England say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              I'd love to know about these "world class players" Because literally every England fan before the tournament was saying "Kane is the only top player we have" "everyone else is very average"
              Honestly this is still true, the reason that we did better this time is because we were better drilled as a team than previously, and that's down mostly to Southgate being a better coach.

Well, that and the fact that we had a much easier path through the competition than most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                Honestly this is still true, the reason that we did better this time is because we were better drilled as a team than previously, and that's down mostly to Southgate being a better coach.

Well, that and the fact that we had a much easier path through the competition than most.
                Southgate is better than we've had for a while but it worries me how he couldn't see how utterly shit and ineffective Dele had been the whole tournament.

His substitutions NEVER had a positive impact at this tournament not once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
                  Get a grip, nobody is jealous of the UK. You sound like a scorned female
                  Nobody jealous of the UK.. Gtfo here

Yanks in particular have some inferiority complex when it comes to the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post

Yep he deserves a lot of credit.. We actually turned up with a plan for once.. Rather then just Chuck 11 players with the biggest reputation on the field and hope it gelson

Clearly drilled set plays a lot and made the most of an average squad

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      We have zero creativity going forward. Just a load of painfully one-paced passing until it comes to a standstill. Something real wrong when a Cdm has better movement and is getting in better attacking positions than your forwards.
                      Every England games a copy of the previous.

We're ****ing clueless in that final third.

If it wasn't for Stones and Pickford that could of easily been a 4-0 destruction.
                      couldn't agree more its actually weird that before the tournament it was the defence and gk that were the most suspect part of the team but now its the other way round we scored 1 goal from open play in the whole tournament lol

not saying the defence and gk are world class but they are solid enough and work well together have pace in walker,good in the air with Maguire, stones a good all rounder and getting better plus the full backs are decent and pickford can actually pull off game winning saves and pens

gonna need a gazza type player, a beastly dmf and maybe a second striker (brewster from liverpool will be a star soon) to even think of actually giving the top teams a game

Comment

Working...
                      X