Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here gotten LASIK / Corrective Eye Surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
    The procedure was about 5 minutes... It was like 1.5 minutes each eye... Super fast after they were done I told them that they looked like a damn nascar pit crew... Cuz they were that fast, they just laughed... It didn't hurt at all u just felt pressure on your eyeball, they gave me these stress balls to squeeze incase I felt pain or got anxious, but I didn't need them, it was pretty painless.

I got the one where they cut, and flip the flap and and start working on your cornea... The appearance of my pupil didn't change, and you can't even tell anything was done, like you know how when someone where's contacts and you can see the edge line, well with this you don't see anything, and there isn't like a scar or anything like that where they cut, can't even tell anything was done.

My night vision is great, I mostly work in the dark, I work the night shift at a hospital and I work in X-ray so I'm pretty much always in dimly lit rooms. And can't complain... I don't really notice halos and rays or any of those side effects they talk about... It looks the same as if I were wearing glasses, so it doesn't look crazy or weird or bad.
    Awesome stuff. Glad yours went well.

I'm doing my research and there are literally websites dedicated to telling people NOT to get the procedure done for various reasons. It's killing my vibe lol. They mostly complain about chronic dry-eye, permanent halos, worsened night vision, etc. But I have a feeling a lot of these people got it done back when it was still in the early stages of the technology they have now. And they probably didn't research and just went and got it done with whoever was the cheapest. That's their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      I think they are the RB5228. Or maybe a more square version of that one. I don't know, my GF at the time picked them out.
      I don't even know what those look like. I have wayfarers. Their pretty sweet. My other pair of Ray Bans were broken by my whore Puerto Rican ex girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        I don't even know what those look like. I have wayfarers. Their pretty sweet. My other pair of Ray Bans were broken by my whore Puerto Rican ex girlfriend
        Those god damn Puerto Rican hoe's with their exaggerated meltdowns, always having to break ****. I feel you bruh, I feel you.

Comment

Those god damn Puerto Rican hoe's with their exaggerated meltdowns, always having to break ****. I feel you bruh, I feel you.
          Well yeah she was crazy but she just sat down on them. She had put them in my truck seat and she didn't look before sitting down.

Comment

It seems like everyone knows at least one person with a Lasik horror story but we don't hear too much about those who were 100% satisfied. If you do the proper research on a reputable surgeon, the chances of something going wrong are slim to none in today's day and age. And the procedure, or so I've heard, is quick and easy. Much quicker than in previous years. If done correctly, the moment you wake up post-surgery nap (you have to go to sleep as soon as you get home and wear these funky goggles) your vision should be either 20/20, or in many cases BETTER than 20/20.

I'm thinking about getting it done but like any sane person I still have my doubts.

I'm not totally against glasses, I have a real nice pair of RayBans and have gotten compliments from so many women about how handsome and sophisticated I look in them but it's not all about the looks. Having to wear glasses 24/7 is a pain all around. My vision is horrible without them. And I wore contacts for many years. It's just too annoying to deal with.

Glasses/contact wearers, have you considered getting Lasik? If you're in the L.A. area I'll send you a link to the surgeon who I want to do my procedure.

I am far sighted. LASIK for me is more complicated... Won't do it..

Comment

Awesome stuff. Glad yours went well.

I'm doing my research and there are literally websites dedicated to telling people NOT to get the procedure done for various reasons. It's killing my vibe lol. They mostly complain about chronic dry-eye, permanent halos, worsened night vision, etc. But I have a feeling a lot of these people got it done back when it was still in the early stages of the technology they have now. And they probably didn't research and just went and got it done with whoever was the cheapest. That's their fault.
              Well that's true, I just recently had it done so the technology has changed dramatically from the prior years... Plus I went with a dr that was really good and had a very high reputation of using the best state of the art equipment, and was also recommended by my optometrists, because of the results he has seen on people.

The area I live in has 3 Dr.s that do these... My cousin went with the dr that is considered to be the lower guy, and he is unfortunately one of those few with a horror story, because even though he had surgery he still can't see crap and need glasses plus he has dry eyes.
              Last edited by Coyotefury; 03-11-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I've heard nothing but bad things. Particularly from my wife. Her and my optometrist were trading lasik horror stories the other day, about how it starts out great and degrades over the years, leaving you fked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I am far sighted. LASIK for me is more complicated... Won't do it..
                  Not really. Lasik will treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism. This isn't the 90's lol. They've evolved, trust me. Plus you live in Japan. They probably have the most elite surgeons over there.
                  Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I've heard nothing but bad things. Particularly from my wife. Her and my optometrist were trading lasik horror stories the other day, about how it starts out great and degrades over the years, leaving you fked.
                  It doesn't degrade for no reason. The only reason it would degrade is because your actual eyesight is changing due to aging. The actual corrective surgery doesn't just stop working and get worse for no reason over time. It's your eyesight that gets worse. That's why they make sure your current prescription is consistent before they even treat you.

Maybe when you're an old man you might need glasses down the line, but not for many many years.

Comment

Not really. Lasik will treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism. This isn't the 90's lol. They've evolved, trust me. Plus you live in Japan. They probably have the most elite surgeons over there.

It doesn't degrade for no reason. The only reason it would degrade is because your actual eyesight is changing due to aging. The actual corrective surgery doesn't just stop working and get worse for no reason over time. It's your eyesight that gets worse. That's why they make sure your current prescription is consistent before they even treat you.

Maybe when you're an old man you might need glasses down the line, but not for many many years.

In the 90's is exactly where I got my latest info! Thanks! Will check it out!

Comment

I had LASEK, because there was a slight risk of keratoconus if I did LASIK. Best decision ever! After about 3 days my vision was pretty much perfect. I had tests done not long after and again like a month or so after and then again a year later - better than 20/20 in one eye and 20/20 in the other.

I can't recommend it enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X