View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 1,477.77
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

Well, I reckon it's going both ways bud. That was a bit directed at both of y'all. I mean, I agree with Nodogoshi, but not for the same reasons. Basically all I was trying to say is y'all are arguing moot points imo. What happened with Manhoef is only relevant if you reckon JDS is going to fight like Manhoef. Same for Nelson-JDS. I wasn't pointing fingers at who compared what. I was just saying this general back and forth about who's done what to who doesn't prove anything. Does Mark being dropped by Melvin make him an easy KO? That's basing a career of eating bombs off of one 18sec fight. It's a weak ass argument. It goes both ways imo. I don't see anyone on Juniors record to bring up and it be relevant to Hunt. Nor do I see the vice-versa. Pros or cons. I just don't see any valid points coming from their records. I was just hoping to shape the dialog into a discussion of how we reckon these two skill sets collide. Basically your 5th paragraph(?) was dead perfect for what I was looking for.

You misunderstood my point, but it was real point making about tools in JDS' set. I didn't mean to say Melvin's the better striker at all. Just that they are different, and the idea behind the strikes are different. I didn't say Junior was limited to bent arm power shots, just that that is his bread and butter. His realm. His easiest fall back and oldest friend. I holistically reckon JDS>Manhoef. The last sentence was absolute gold. He is, so is Junior. It's been proven a long time ago that it only take 80 psi on the knuckle for the skull to crack, and Jeck Dempsey's book on championship fighting covers the 175ish limit. Meaning, Jack's claims not mine though I do subscribe, any after 175 you simply have more weight to work with and don't have to be as perfect, but 175 throwing perfectly can stop a man of any size. Kayo Kid in the opener I believe. With that said and MW who knows how to KO as to potential to KO any HW. There just isn't anyway to strengthen the skull, and 175 is plenty enough weight to cause a KO....and MW isn't 175 so you can even **** up a bit. Power line be a bit off.

The opener was just me poking the bear bud. Just a bit of a wind-up.....I mean you left it hanging out there ya know?

Also, I'm meshing a lot of points. I don't have a lot of time to write right now, but too much to sit and stare so yer getting the ****ed up in between. I kind of went all over the place and crunched your bits together to make it easier on myself.
Marchegiano is online now   Reply With Quote