View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,341,325.57
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley . - RwK No Message - -jose- 
For Battling The Evil That Is Islam - Rocky... No Message - -Weltschmerz- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
It's almost 12:30am, and I feel like calling family right now and don't feel like responding too much, but what have you seen to make you suggest that JDS is an "expert in catching people cold"? The Werdum fight? Because while Werdum was certainly caught cold, I fail to see how JDS is an expert at catching people. If anything, that fight helps augment my point about people being more vulnerable in the beginning couple of minutes. I for one doubt Werdum would be caught again like that, for one thing.
He caught Yvel, Werdum, Cain and others during exchanges. He has better accuracy and speed with his punches than anyone else in the HW division right now. Hunt has shown reckless and wild striking all the time, and Junior could just as well KO Hunt like Manhoef did.

Quote:
Hunt was mostly worried about takedowns in that fight. Everyone was saying Rothwell was going to lay and pray Hunt. Hunt was able to stop the takedowns and take Rothwell out of his element. The fight actually played out entirely as I predicted it would (not that anyone wants to dig through a forum, but my prediction is at teamtakeover.forum-express.com . I received props for my spot-on pick, which was that Hunt would be able to stop Rothwell's sub-par wrestling and brawl his way to victory).
Like I said, You have zero grounds to criticise JDS not knocking out Nelson while Hunt had that performance against Rothwell. Hell, a lot of the same stuff you said about that fight was said about JDS/Nelson.

Quote:
To be sure, Hunt hasn't done enough to earn a title shot. But on the basis of circumstances, he isn't the worst pick out there. And of course, styles make fights. Hunt could beat JDS. I wouldn't say so if he wasn't currently training for a fight, but because he is on the card and will presumably show up in shape based on having a full training camp, he has a good shot. If he was a last minute replacement who hadn't been in training, that would be one thing. But Hunt at his best, has the potential to win this fight.
Sure. I like "Hunt has potential to win this fight" a lot better than "if JDS stands with Hunt he will be KTFO, no questions asked!" because that is just retarded fanboyism if I've ever seen it. I believe JDS has the edge everywhere, and even if he gets in trouble standing, he'll take the fight to the ground judging by his comments before the Overeem fight, and if McCorkle could sub Hunt in 1 minute I believe a Nogueira Brown Belt can sub him too.
BKM-2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<