Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best punch and continue the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would depend on the day. but yes, he could. i don't know if he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Vitali-Rocked badly by Sanders in the 1st round

Tua, McCall, who did they ever fight that hit anywhere near as hard as Wilder?

Sanders was a monster puncher and Vitali dealt with it.

Lennox Lewis

Did you see the way he put Rahman away?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        This!

In terms of who could take his power, my money would be on Oliver McCall.
        Or Ray Mercer. Honestly people are getting pretty corny about Wilder's power. He is the best one shot puncher we have seen in a while but he has yet to put an elite to sleep and I mean an elite by todays standards. The dude has ridiculous power no doubt but im not sold on him being the hardest puncher ever.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Sanders was a monster puncher and Vitali dealt with it.

Lennox Lewis

Did you see the way he put Rahman away?
          Sanders was a retired golfer at the time with a 67% KO ratio & several losses. He's like a poor man's Ortiz.

Did you see how many CLEAN punches Mavrovic, Tua, Billups, Vitali, Mercer Holyfield etc. Ate from Lewis? I seen him hit too many guys on the chin and not even hurt them.

Mercer supposedly had a top 2 chin in the 90s and Wlad disposed of him very easily and we know Wlad does not possess Wilders power. Stewart also went on record saying Wlad hit harder.

Comment

Mercer supposedly had a top 2 chin in the 90s and Wlad disposed of him very easily and we know Wlad does not possess Wilders power. Stewart also went on record saying Wlad hit harder.
            Mercer was 41 vs Klitschko. Cmon bruh.

Comment

Sanders was a retired golfer at the time with a 67% KO ratio & several losses. He's like a poor man's Ortiz.

Did you see how many CLEAN punches Mavrovic, Tua, Billups, Vitali, Mercer Holyfield etc. Ate from Lewis? I seen him hit too many guys on the chin and not even hurt them.

Sander was nothing like Ortiz

You obviously never watch these fights.
              LMAO you think Lewis was trying to KO Tua?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I have seen all the heavyweight punchers since Liston fight many times and I think the Wilder straight right is the hardest fastest punch of them all and he is throwing it harder than ever. The punch he ended the fight with last night was a lightning bolt and harder than the right he landed on Fury. His weight of 225 gives him a bit more power than his too light weight of 209. I have changed my pick and now think Wilder will KO AJ if they fight. Wilder has improved a lot since he fought Molina and would get those mediocre guys out in a round or two now. He seems to be peaking at a late age of 33.
                I agree with you. I've been following boxing for a long time and I've never seen this level of power in the heavyweight division. The only other puncher I've seen with that kind of speed was the welterweight Thomas Hearns.

Comment

Lol. So we are making the jump from Brezeale to Holyfield? Could Evander handle Wilder’s shot? Hmm...

Bowe 3X
                  Lewis 2X
                  Tyson 2X
                  Holmes
                  Foreman

and probably a couple dozen other guys who are heavy duty punchers. Holyfields chin was one of his greatest assets.

And what about Fury? He took Wilders best punch and got back up. Wilder will look less than stellar when facing top tier competitors. They will know how to dismantle those windmill right hands and outwork him.

Of course, power is power. And Wilder has it. But Holyfield stands up to him and then some. Headbutt!

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Sander was nothing like Ortiz

You obviously never watch these fights.
                    LMAO you think Lewis was trying to KO Tua?

Of course not, Ortiz was never a retired golfer lmao. Ortiz hits harder, he's got a better chin, better pure boxing ability, etc. And he's a southpaw which whipped Wlads ass and had Vitali doing his best impression of a baby deer.

Lewis couldn't KO Tua, he couldn't KO several fighters. Why don't you post the Mavrovic highlights where he got rocked and CLEAN chin punches were getting walker through? Even Stewart has gone on record saying Wlad hits harder.

Comment

Of course not, Ortiz was never a retired golfer lmao. Ortiz hits harder, he's got a better chin, better pure boxing ability, etc. And he's a southpaw which whipped Wlads ass and had Vitali doing his best impression of a baby deer.

Lewis couldn't KO Tua, he couldn't KO several fighters. Why don't you post the Mavrovic highlights where he got rocked and CLEAN chin punches were getting walker through? Even Stewart has gone on record saying Wlad hits harder.

The more you say the less your boxing knowledge seems.

Posts about Sanders being a poor mans Ortiz, now is saying they ae nothing alike.

You really don't have a clue do you?

Comment

Working...
                      X