Now can we legalize Weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i smoke weed...
    but honestly...
    i dont know if i think it should really be legalized...
    i can speak for myself when i say that i stay motivated and am living my life to its fullest potential at this point...
    And there are alot of other people who are the same way.
    but at the same time i know alot of people who smoke weed and have absolutely NO motivation what so ever and i think getting blazed has alot to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
      too many old folk who were around during its prohibition are still around and need to die off. wait until the baby boomers are too senile to pay attention. but, for now, these are the voters who are running the businesses and making the highest political contributions. therefore, they can't be ignored.

the other reason is that it's not something that can just happen overnight. very few politicians want to risk their reputation by coming out and proposing it. so it's definitely going to take baby steps.
      I"m not so sure. Remember in the sixties, those old farts were even more conservative then those today, but the youth & civil rights movements were still able to push through reform. I think we can do it if we really want it.

Comment

why not alchol used to be banned, cocaine used to be legal.

Comment

Carter wanted to legalize pot. Then one of his people got caught with cocain or something and he went strait to being anti any drug after that in his own political self defense. The Republican nominee in 96 said he was going to legalize marijuana. Obama says he is thinking about it. We'll have to wait and see.

It is the best medication for me and when I can't get it I turn to alcohol and cigs. So I hope it is legalized. That would be a god send.

I like the idea that they can grow low strength marijuana and put it in cigarette form and sell it to people as an alternative to tobacco. Marijuana actually, or at least the few forms I have tried, make me not want to touch cigs. It changes some chemical thing that makes you not want it. Does the same to alcohol, it lowers your alcohol tolerance. But a beer will make marijuana kick in better. But you won't be able to or want to drink as much if you smoke. I have founds cigs keep me from puking when getting very drunk, marijuana does not.

It has been proven to lower gang violence, as gangsters moved more from alcohol to marijuana. It is also a fact that drug use has mandatory sentencing, while violence and murder and rape do not. So guess who gets of of a crowded jail first? Guess who goes in their place? You got it, the pothead.
          Last edited by dsstang25; 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baddest View Post
            I"m not so sure. Remember in the sixties, those old farts were even more conservative then those today, but the youth & civil rights movements were still able to push through reform. I think we can do it if we really want it.
            when did they legalize pot in the 60s?

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
              i smoke weed...
              but honestly...
              i dont know if i think it should really be legalized...
              i can speak for myself when i say that i stay motivated and am living my life to its fullest potential at this point...
              And there are alot of other people who are the same way.
              but at the same time i know alot of people who smoke weed and have absolutely NO motivation what so ever and i think getting blazed has alot to do with it.
              See the reasons you give are legit. It can make people really lazy and unfocused, which hurts your school work, and hurts your determination to succeed in life period.

It also gives you the munchies from hell. Some people are different, but I know it effects me in both these ways. And I know there's a lot other people like me.

I had the determination to wait until I had my **** done (most of the time) and it was after 10 P.M. to get high. I know many others wont be the same.

Then again I also buy the reasons people give for it being legal as well. it's not something that hurts anyone but yourself, and the reasons I gave are pretty minimal compared to any other drug including the legal ones.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                See the reasons you give are legit. It can make people really lazy and unfocused, which hurts your school work, and hurts your determination to succeed in life period.
                i think that's a good thing for the economy. we need lazy middlemen folding tacos and entering data. big problems start arising when we have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

if someone's stupid enough to let weed set their career back i say plop these cogs in a 50 year cubicle to rot.

Comment

Nearly 2 million Americans are incarcerated in the prison systems of the US. Most of them are in for drug charges, and they have longer minimum sentences on some offenses than a rapist or a pedophile. Bull****.. If legalizing MJ will help to stop this, then I'm all for it. But otherwise, **** it.

Comment

No, I am against legalizing drugs.

It's a slippery slope, a person who is to try weed, will surely end up a heroine addict.

Yeah, thats what me mum told me.

Comment

http://

Comment

Working...
                      X