No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Only Sensible Fight Out There For Me is Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
    Caution 2 slow Caucasians old and past their prime alert.

Two slow average fighters in Froch and Kessler want to avoid the great Ward and fight each other in an even bout. Typical reaction of 2 scared men knowing who their master really is-ANDRE WARD
    That would be the half-white Andre Ward?

Yeah, you're a racist imbecile on his 20th Alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      You made the statement that Froch had to travel half way around the world to get to the East coast. As if he was coming from the far reaches of Inner Mongolia. When in fact Froch may have had to travel only a few hundred more miles as compared to Ward to get to Atlantic City. As far as Kessler is concerned, and I am a fan of his. The last time I saw him fight he looked to be a grown man. And I am sure no one twisted his arm or threatened him in anyway to go to Oakland to fight. I will also say it again and again and again. It is not as if Ward is getting hometown decisions. Like, who can I use as an example? As Froch did against Dirrell. That was a horrible decision and I am in no way a fan of Dirrell.
      Travelling to a foreign country, being in a foreign country and then fighting in a foreign country in entirely different to fighting in another state of your own country. Kessler wasn't in his home city against Froch, was still home advantage. Same thing if the rematch happens in London, it's still home advantage for Froch.

Again, home town decisions aren't the only disadvantage to fighting away from home. Everything is different and more difficult, not just in the ring...Ward wouldn't know this as he was the only Super Six fighter not to leave his home country, how did that happen? We know nothing of the Kessler-Ward negotiations, in turn we don't know why the fight ended up in Oakland; it certainly wasn't for financial or viewing reasons, so I don't know. Kessler had the respect to travel to fight an unknown who turned out great, I feel Ward should have the same respect to a proven great fighter.
      Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-12-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Travelling to a foreign country, being in a foreign country and then fighting in a foreign country in entirely different to fighting in another state of your own country. Kessler wasn't in his home city against Froch, was still home advantage. Same thing if the rematch happens in London, it's still home advantage for Froch.

Again, home town decisions aren't the only disadvantage to fighting away from home. Everything is different and more difficult, not just in the ring...Ward wouldn't know this as he was the only Super Six fighter not to leave his home country, how did that happen? We know nothing of the Kessler-Ward negotiations, in turn we don't know why the fight ended up in Oakland; it certainly wasn't for financial or viewing reasons, so I don't know. Kessler had the respect to travel to fight an unknown who turned out great, I feel Ward should have the same respect to a proven great fighter.
        Kessler-Ward was in jOakland only because Goosen put forth an ultimatum: Ward fights at home in all groupstage fights or else there will be no s6.

The semis and the final was always going to be in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Travelling to a foreign country, being in a foreign country and then fighting in a foreign country in entirely different to fighting in another state of your own country. Kessler wasn't in his home city against Froch, was still hothe same me advantage. Same thing if the rematch happens in London, it's still home advantage for Froch.

I am pretty sure that Kessler is a national hero in Denmark and Herning is a little less than 200 miles and only a three hour drive from Copenhagen. I am also sure that Kessler could walk anywhere in his home country and every one regardless if they are boxing fans or not would most likely know who he is. And it may not be on the same level but I bet the same could be said about Froch in England.

With that said, I can guarantee you that Ward is no where near a national hero in the USA. And most Americans not living in the Bay area in Norther California probably wouldn't have a clue as to who he is. That is other than boxing fans. And to be honest I live on the East coast and I have been to California twice in my life time and it may as well be a foreign country. Simply becasue I don't speak Spanish, well that was Southern CA.

As for the advantage that you believe Ward had evaporated when the judges scored the fight. The Canadian and American judge had the fight scored 115-113. So all Froch would have to have done was win one more round on their crazy score cards and he would have had a majority draw. And low and behold who was it that scored the fight correctly? That would be the lone British judge who only gave Froch two rounds when he scored the fight more realistically at 118-110.

I also personally believe that it is somewhat refreshing that Ward decided to bring big fights to his hometown. That way it gives his fan base a much better chance to see him fight than if he was off in Vegas fighting mega fights. I also believe that what ever negotiating power Kessler and Froch may have had, despite the close scoring, was left in the ring when Ward dominated them. As I said before when they kick Ward's a$$ then they get to call the shots.

Comment

Working...
          X