Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right or Wrong, Love it or Hate it Fact is The World is Talking about Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right or Wrong, Love it or Hate it Fact is The World is Talking about Boxing

For the first time in a long time. Not just us hardcore fans, but even the less then casual fan has gone out of their way to witness the controversy.

I rememeber after watching the fight live i went outside my house with my friends and random neighbors were walking up to us asking what we thought of the outcome.

Even at work there were people who never even follow boxing who had gone out of their way to watch this one, be it live or online after the fact. 1 dude mentioned that he was the only person he knew who hadn't seen it yet.

Every memorable fight has a touch of controversy, Ortiz and Mayweather managed to make people pay attention to boxing, even if it may have been for the wrong reason, it still managed something that hasn't happened in some time.

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
    For the first time in a long time. Not just us hardcore fans, but even the less then casual fan has gone out of their way to witness the controversy.

I rememeber after watching the fight live i went outside my house with my friends and random neighbors were walking up to us asking what we thought of the outcome.

Even at work there were people who never even follow boxing who had gone out of their way to watch this one, be it live or online after the fact. 1 dude mentioned that he was the only person he knew who hadn't seen it yet.

Every memorable fight has a touch of controversy, Ortiz and Mayweather managed to make people pay attention to boxing, even if it may have been for the wrong reason, it still managed something that hasn't happened in some time.
    true. This is all building hype for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.

On another note for all the hate Mayweather gets he sure does have a lot of topics around here. Where are all the Pacquiao threads? what about the other boxers? I swear EVERY thread around here is about Mayweather. Seriously, the ratio of Mayweather threads to other threads is astounding.

I have to give it to him he sure does know how to keep people talking about him.

Comment

all for the wrong reason. floyd is dragging the sport down with him. fuk floyd's cheating @ss.

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
        all for the wrong reason. floyd is dragging the sport down with him. fuk floyd's cheating @ss.
        That's the thing whether its positive or negative Floyd wins. He plays the bad guy character so people hate him and pay to see him lose.

Either way you slice it Floyd, all the topics about Mayweather support that he is the most popular boxing star today. As much as I love Manny I would love to see more topics about him around here but all I see are Mayweather topics most of the time.

Comment

Working...
        X