Alcohol and boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol and boxing

do you guys drink?

and if you drink, do you drink on days that you train or spar? or how many hours before you train?

name one fighter who drinks heavily and doesnt cut easy

Hatton, Cotto, La Motta...alcohol gives you glass skin

Comment

all I can think about is the amount of moeny mayweather has...... what is he doing with it... I think once someone breaks 20m if they're not doing something productive with the moeny it has to to be given to charity or to the government for school and the community..... that's just crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post

is this a prediction by you or is it a fact?

i didn't know that...

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post

never heard of this

ot i drink rarely, a beer once in a week and some liqour when im at parties or trips, though really moderate i usually hate alcohol

Comment

the occassional weekend when im out, you have to enjoy life

Comment

The best boxers ever to come out of scotland all ended up alcoholics , wee interesting fact, thought i would throw it in their

Comment

I've trained at my local boxing gym for a good 1 and a half yrs now and tbh .I would say 1 night a week at the very most .It's hard training to fight when drinking having to cut weight all the time but even at that for amatuer's that are really competitive and want to train for tournement's etc I would say at the very most onced a month .With experience I say you'd get found out sooner than later .You don't want to go to boxing flat out .Clean diet , roadwork , bagwork and well hydrated is the best way forward .
                Last edited by alza1988; 08-17-2011, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saxofunk View Post
                  do you guys drink?

and if you drink, do you drink on days that you train or spar? or how many hours before you train?
                  I usually hit the bottle before I spar; couple shots of whiskey will do it. It gives me courage, confidence and helps my timing...

Comment

I've had one or two sparing sessions the morning after a night out, and it's pretty safe to say they weren't much fun.

I wont be doing it again anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X