Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayorga Emotional: Time To Hang Up The Gloves, Says Goodbye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't say I ever liked him even though he had big fights which he lost most of them but to me he was disgraceful in a boxing ring with some of the things he did... for the life of me I could never understand how he beat Vernon Forrest twice, almost unbelievable ...

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
      One of my favorite fighters. Too bad he stayed too long.
      Hope he has some $$$ saved to show for it all.
      Oh yea...I'm sure Don King told him early on that a diverse portfolio of somewhat conservative mutual funds is the best way to achieve long-term growth.

Comment

Dude brought it every second of every round. One of my all-time favorites!

Comment

Nope!!!

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
          Oh yea...I'm sure Don King told him early on that a diverse portfolio of somewhat conservative mutual funds is the best way to achieve long-term growth.

NOPE don king robbed him MAYORGA is broke!! wish him well but mayorga has seriouse money problems!!

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
            How did Ricardo mayorga lose to Cory spinks in 2013??
            They fought in 2003, another damn typo on this site, every article has at least one or 2

Comment

He was in a bunch of big fights so hopefully he has enough to live on or at least opened a business or rental property to support himself in retirement. With the money he made he could probably live like a king in nicaragua with a maid and everything, assuming don king didnt rob him like he did to all his other fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Ward, Mayorga, all these young ones hanging them up too soon.
                I agree that Ward had some more fights in him, but he saw that the competition was going to get harder if he stayed. Mayorga has been shot for years & was really only a brawler.

Comment

.... back to selling pupusas now Ricardo.
                  I'll take 2 pollo and 2 chicharron.

Comment

Beer Drinking, cigarette smoking Ricardo Mayorga!!!
                    Can anyone forget Larry Merchant lighting a victory smoke for the champ. He sure could hit with the best of them.
                    Ricardo was one of a kind, he walked the walked, and always gave a honest effort. Salute champ

Comment

You retired 10 years ago buddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X