No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Jack Dempsey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr Or Jack Dempsey?

Who should rank higher on a ATG list and who should be remembered as the greater fighter.

<
    Roy Jones Jr Should Be Remembered As The Greater Fighter
    70.00%
    Jack Dempsey Should Be Remembered As The Greater Fighter
    30.00%

Roy Jones is the far greater fighter.

Comment

Close. Not a bad choice either way. I'll go with Jack to give him some support as I doubt many others will.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
        Close. Not a bad choice either way. I'll go with Jack to give him some support as I doubt many others will.
        I thought about that but considered it unfair to Jones. I agree its close, but I think Jones edges him by a few spots. I wouldn't argue a call for Dempsey though.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. and it's not even close. With all due respect, Dempsey is one of the most overrated boxers ever. Roy takes this one easily.

Comment

Originally posted by GymRat View Post
            Roy Jones Jr. and it's not even close. With all due respect, Dempsey is one of the most overrated boxers ever. Roy takes this one easily.
            If that's the case then your favorite fighter is one of the most guilty of all of overrating Dempsey.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by GymRat View Post
              With all due respect, Dempsey is one of the most overrated boxers ever.
              This is more true about Jones. Dempsey is mainly only over rated as a HW. p4p is a different story.

Comment

jones jr by a mile

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  If that's the case then your favorite fighter is one of the most guilty of all of overrating Dempsey.

Poet
                  No doubt about it.
                  Mike's entitled to his opinion, as is everyone. Doesn't mean I have to agree with him just because he's my favorite fighter.
                  I just find nothing special of Dempsey or his resume, other than his punching power. He's the most telegraphic and clumsy-fighting fighter I've seen. Horrible footwork, movement, punching, etc. Only his power is rated highly by me. That's just how I see it. And although I don't think Roy Jones is an A+ himself, I rate him higher than Jack, both in terms of ability and resume. Tyson, you, and Dempsey fans are allowed to agree or disagree. Just my opinion which I think many might share, as the poll reflects.

Comment

china chinned jones- are you kidding me

Comment

• Working...
                      X