No announcement yet.

Critique my training routine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my training routine

I've been boxing for about a month now and I really need to get into better shape, and just become better overall. I have class 2 times a week, so I have to exercise at home on the other days. I came up with this training routine. I dont know if it's too much (prolly not)I dont even know If I can do it cause I'm pretty out of shape and I havent tried it yet. So I was wondering what you guys would think of my routine

A mile of jogging
    100 Push-Ups
    400 Sit-Ups
    Running up and down steps for 5 mins, to train calves/cardio
    15 mins of shadowboxing/heavybag
    10 Mins of neck exercises
    10 mins of bob-and-weave drill
    5-10 mins of squat/punching (just throwing punches while in a squat position)
    Basic leg exercises

Let me know what you think.

id run the steps for longer and there are a bunch of different ways you can do it also (ask me if you need clarification)

what are the neck excersises?

but id work in jump rope and more running, maybe some pull ups also

id do 9 minutes of shadow boxing and 12 min. of heavy bag, this is the most important if your training to better your boxing.

Comment

id run the steps for longer and there are a bunch of different ways you can do it also (ask me if you need clarification)

what are the neck excersises?

but id work in jump rope and more running, maybe some pull ups also

id do 9 minutes of shadow boxing and 12 min. of heavy bag, this is the most important if your training to better your boxing.
      Ok, I'll run the steps longer. Can you tell me some of the different ways to do em?

For neck exercises, I'm doing the bridge, like this: http://www.leehayward.com/pics/neckbridge.jpg

I'll do some jump rope then. Would 2-3 miles of jogging be good?

I'll definitely do more shadowboxing/heavy bag, too.

Thanks for the reply, btw.

Comment

yeah 2-3 miles is great, and do that everyday...

as for the steps:

1. sprint, just run up them as fast as you can, one foot after another

2. jump, using both feet, jump up each step and squat all the way down, like a frog, jump up each step

3. jump, but this time land on one foot... jump up land on your left foot, jump to the next one land on your right and so on

4. leap, leap up 2-3 steps, depending on how big the stairs are leap over as many as you feel comfortable

5. high knee, run up each step but bring your knees up real high, so tha your knee is straight in front of your waist and your calf makes a 90 degree angle with your knee and quadricep

thats basically it, practice those change every time you make it up a flight

yeah and jump rope for about 10 minutes, thats really important for arm endurance and cardio,

kneck bridges are a little risky because your back can be hurt easily, i hurt my back doing them then i stopped, but if you know how to do them correctly, then go for it.

Comment

kneck bridges are a little risky because your back can be hurt easily, i hurt my back doing them then i stopped, but if you know how to do them correctly, then go for it.
          I've been doing them lately and I can feel it in my back. I dont know if thats good or bad. Neck bridges just seem so risky, I probably shouldnt be doing them, cuz for all I know Im doing them incorrectly.

Comment

Train like youe fight, fight like you train. Get a timer, and do everything in three minute intervals, with a minutes rest in between. When you run the stairs, run as hard as you can for three minutes, rest for a minute, then do it again. If you are fighting three round amatuer bouts, and can go three hard rounds with everything you train on, you will be ready! It's said that Duran ran 45 minutes, flat out, in the hills of Panama. He knew he was ready when he could do it and not puke. If you watch his fights you never saw him tired. For your neck try hanging your head off a flat bench, take a rolled up towel, put it on your forehead, and take a 10# weight to start, and do neck ups. Start slow on those, but they worked for me like crazy. Good luck, and remember protect yourself at all times.

Comment

.....and yo u should get that medicine ball for ur abs that helps to

Comment

Originally posted by .Go To Sleep.
                I've been doing them lately and I can feel it in my back. I dont know if thats good or bad. Neck bridges just seem so risky, I probably shouldnt be doing them, cuz for all I know Im doing them incorrectly.
                yeah that **** isnt good, itll end up ****ing you up, i wouldnt do it.

Comment

Re: Train with purpose

Originally posted by .Go To Sleep.
                  I've been boxing for about a month now and I really need to get into better shape, and just become better overall. I have class 2 times a week, so I have to exercise at home on the other days. I came up with this training routine. I dont know if it's too much (prolly not)I dont even know If I can do it cause I'm pretty out of shape and I havent tried it yet. So I was wondering what you guys would think of my routine

A mile of jogging
                  100 Push-Ups
                  400 Sit-Ups
                  Running up and down steps for 5 mins, to train calves/cardio
                  15 mins of shadowboxing/heavybag
                  10 Mins of neck exercises
                  10 mins of bob-and-weave drill
                  5-10 mins of squat/punching (just throwing punches while in a squat position)
                  Basic leg exercises

Let me know what you think.
                  Think about this: The mission is to stay focus and put your heart into it. If you need more look @ Rocky 1 and 5 as examples of the training mode. Roberto Duran " Hands of stone " trained on a deserted island for six weeks with no food and lived off the the island. For inspiration and determination the island around has sharks. So what ever motivates you,...stay focus. Buster Douglas def. Tyson go figure..Mjrain1 round 1

Comment

Done properly, neck bridges wont **** you up and they have a big upside. Have someone show you how to do them correctly and then do them

Comment

Working...
                    X