No announcement yet.

Dry Mouth Need Help!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Mouth Need Help!!!

I have a huge problem and its dry mouth. i need a way to prevent it. when my mouth gets dry i get winded as **** and its embarrassing. i get tense and nervous and go into defensive mode by just blockin to preserve energy. is dry mouth common? and does the fatigue it bring on can it be side stepped? also i need help on not being so tense. how can i relax more in the ring and not be so nervous and tense. i forget everything i was taught when i get in their and get tense like a street fight.

Drink lots of water and chew on some gum before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ЯiZO View Post
      Drink lots of water and chew on some gum before hand.
      will that help me with my tenseness and nervousness?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
        will that help me with my tenseness and nervousness?
        No, you need to smoke some weed for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
          I have a huge problem and its dry mouth. i need a way to prevent it. when my mouth gets dry i get winded as **** and its embarrassing. i get tense and nervous and go into defensive mode by just blockin to preserve energy. is dry mouth common? and does the fatigue it bring on can it be side stepped? also i need help on not being so tense. how can i relax more in the ring and not be so nervous and tense. i forget everything i was taught when i get in their and get tense like a street fight.
          Citrus...try citrus. Suck on a lemon or eat a couple oranges before you train. And when you rest between rounds, rinse your mouth out thoroughly.
          There's always gum.

Relax and breath. I have the same problem. Slow the pace down to your tempo and control the fight with your jab... pick shots off... and terrorize the body.

Comment

The dry mouth could be a sign of dehydration, in which case you simply need to increase your consumption of water (not any other liquid) daily. I think if you drink at least a gallon of water a day, you should be ok.

If that doesn't help, you might just have a medical condition that a doctor would need to address. Perhaps there are some medicines or drinks out there that help with dry mouth.

As for tension in the ring, I have the same problem. Check out my thread titled "Too tight" to see what people suggested I do with this problem.

Comment

Sip some water, don't gulp just sip away.

Comment

Erm, this drink water thing doesn't make a great deal of sense as that's not really what's causing the problem. I've had your problem alot too. Basically, you're probably breathing through your mouth which is drying it out. When people get tired we drop our mouths to get air in quicker, that's why one of the most basic things to look for to see if your opponent is tired is whether or not their mouth is open. Obviously the problem with having your mouth open in boxing is a) it's not regulated breathing and b) if you've got your mouth open and you take a good shot to the jaw, well, bye bye jaw.

You need to control your breathing, practice on the bag paying attention to your breathing, in through your nose, out through your mouth, also exhaling with the shots (but only if you have air, don't exhale your lungs just because you're supposed to, do it because you've got air to exhale).

Like I said, i've had/have this problem too. For the last 4 weeks or so i've had a blocked nose because of just the general 'winter bug' that goes around. Means i'd have to fight with my mouth open and i'd get a dry mouth. Now it's gone away I don't tend to have that problem but I still get it when I run long distances and get tired.

Comment

One of the signs and symptoms of dehydration is dry mouth. The reason I'm mentioning this is because when I used to play footy, and only drank about 1 liter of water of day, I would always get dry mouth and games, and I breathed in with my nose and out with my mouth when running.

Comment

Definitely drink more water when you work out. Also try to breathe through your nose, mouth breathing drys out your mouth. I get the same thing all the time, my mouth gets very dry when I work out. I find it embarrassing because my breath gets stale if my mouth gets very dry so I just try to drink a lot of water.

Comment

Working...
                    X