Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The headbutt from Salido was a deliberate foul, nothing legal was working for him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The headbutt from Salido was a deliberate foul, nothing legal was working for him

Orlando Salido resorted to a deliberate headbutt because he was getting completely schooled by Mikey Garcia.

Salido has resorted to cheating in the past with PEDs. Tonight, in desperation he resorted to a deliberate foul.

Those people being unfairly negative about Garcia after his masterful performance perhaps should be blaming Salido.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 01-20-2013, 02:02 AM.

Mikey is Boss and will prove again in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      Mikey is Boss and will prove again in the rematch
      Yes, he'll stop Salido in a rematch.

I don't see a need for a rematch though, it was a very one-sided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Yes, he'll stop Salido in a rematch.

I don't see a need for a rematch though, it was a very one-sided fight.
        Even Kellerman mentioned the one-sided-ness to the Garcias in the interview.

In slow motion, the wife says it was deliberate. I say it was suspect, but will give Orlando the benefit of doubt it was not on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
          Even Kellerman mentioned the one-sided-ness to the Garcias in the interview.

In slow motion, the wife says it was deliberate. I say it was suspect, but will give Orlando the benefit of doubt it was not on purpose.
          I think Salido did it out of desperation. Nothing else was working for him and he was far behind on the scorecards.

Comment

In fairness to Salido, I do believe he was coming on strong. but he was still getting hurt with every flush right hand. But I can see his displeasure. The stoppage was not wrong. Mikey's nose was clearly destroyed by a foul.

Comment

Yeah, screw the rematch, Salido was dominated and the fight wasn't exactly a barnburner.

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

No question. It was deliberate.

Comment

I didn't think it looked deliberate. He was coming forward like that all night and his body momentum was all forward after he threw the shot. Happens like that sometimes. It's boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X