No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
    How recent was that interview? I'm sure Martinez will fight Golovkin sometime next year. Golo just had his FIRST fight on hbo, give it some time jesus christ

Everyone is so eager to throw out the term "duck" these days it's getting tedious.
    Exactly my friggin point!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      Exactly my friggin point!
      You didn't make a point. You came in here whining and waited until 4 pages to quote some random posters thoughts.

Martin Murray is a nobody.

Martin Murray is not a draw.

Martin Murray is not a cash cow.

Martin Murray is not a good fighter.

So why couldnt they fight GGG again?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
        So you agree thats its a duck then. Tune up? Fuck outta here bro. This dude was calling out Cotto, Canelo and Mayweather and then turns around and fights Murray?

After his promoter said this about GGG?

Who would give a flying ****, and why are you even asking?" DiBella said. "Who knows Gennady Golovkin other than you, me and a few other people? How many people would he bring to the table? How much money would he generate? He is the last guy ... He is a very good fighter, but it's a fight that economically makes no sense."

You can literally say the SAME exact thing about Murray. Can you not?

And please take the Floyd talk to the countless other threads about the guy lets keep this Floyd free. I know for some posters its hard but try.
        Yeah, it basically is a duck if you want to call it that. I've never even heard of the Murray guy but like I said, it's a far less dangerous fight in which he can probably make the same amount of money as he would fighting GGG. Pretty much a no brainer, right? Nobody likes it but that's the way boxing is. Martinez vs. Golovkin is one fight I'd most like to see. I'm not going to defend DiBella. He's full of shit, as are most promoters.

And yeah, he's calling out the biggest names in the sport so he can make the most money in his last few fights. Big deal. Everyone wants to fight those guys.

The only reason I brought up Floyd is because you defend him when he does the same thing yet are all over Martinez. Makes no sense. I'm a Floyd fan too but you can't deny that he hasn't exactly fought all the people he should have.

Comment

this is what sucks about boxing. you got a guy in sergio martinez who talks about other fighters avoiding him and not wanting to fight the best. then he wins a big fight and now he's the same way. just in it for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            this is what sucks about boxing. you got a guy in sergio martinez who talks about other fighters avoiding him and not wanting to fight the best. then he wins a big fight and now he's the same way. just in it for the money.
            Totally. I agree, this is one of the most frustrating things about the sport. They work so hard to get a name and as soon as they make it, they stop fighting the best and look for the easiest fights that generate the most money.

Comment

Lou goes off on the bull**** in boxing yet he has to play the damn game like anyone else.

Sergio is almost finished with his career and is only going to take two fights; easy wins or massive paydays. He is not the first, won't be the last, and there's no shame in his game. Dude earned every bit of his **** the way he came up. When was the last time Sergio took a soft touch? Haters gonna hate.
              Last edited by paulf; 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Why Martinez don't fight Golovking or Pirog and fight Murray??

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
                  You didn't make a point. You came in here whining and waited until 4 pages to quote some random posters thoughts.

Martin Murray is a nobody.

Martin Murray is not a draw.

Martin Murray is not a cash cow.

Martin Murray is not a good fighter.

So why couldnt they fight GGG again?
                  I doubt Golo would fight for Martin Murray money though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    I doubt Golo would fight for Martin Murray money though.
                    Would he really have a choice though? He called out Martinez. Im pretty sure he wasnt going to come to the negotiating table acting like a big shot.

Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Lou goes off on the bull**** in boxing yet he has to play the damn game like anyone else.

Sergio is almost finished with his career and is only going to take two fights; easy wins or massive paydays. He is not the first, won't be the last, and there's no shame in his game. Dude earned every bit of his **** the way he came up. When was the last time Sergio took a soft touch? Haters gonna hate.
                      Macklin, Barker even Junior to an extent. Dzizniruk at 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X