Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Does Hopkins and Mayweather's Right Hands Rank Historically?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Mayweather has one of the best lead rights of all time.
    This. Very few guys could throw that punch like Mayweather can.

Comment

Floyd's is good for how he uses it. It doesnt have to be a one hit KO to be effective. Floyd stops everyone in their tracks with it, it's quick, but stiff. Its like running into a wall how he uses it for spacing too. Used it great against Ortiz and would make Ortiz set his feet to absorb it and basically resets all his opponents with it. In terms of "good" I think its a fairer assessment to call it one of the most versatile right hands. Floyd's right hand didnt lose potency til he moved up. At lighter weights it was much stronger.

Floyd's lead is amazing. I'm not sure anyone in this era can stop it.

Floyd and Bernard are so smart they understand that it's not just damage, but take into account positioning and use it to move people around more so than most fighters. They want to reset your movement/feet while they get into a favorable position. It's a good decoy
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-15-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        ^^^Hopkins had some good power in his prime.

anyways, yeah I'm a hopkins fan but to me, his lead right is one of the sneakiest I've seen in my life. I don't think too many people can argue against that.

It's kind of apples and oranges as far as comparing floyd's right to hopkins. They both use them in totally different ways imho.
        Yes, especially when he lands it short at mid range. It's can connect fast without too much speed.

Comment

Hopkins right hand has WAAAAY more than half decent power. Easily one of the 5-10 best right hands of the last 40 years

Comment

Working...
          X